Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what happens when/if the Vizquel Supercollector backs out of the market??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
How many people will be stuck with big losses??

I have not been able to be lucky enough to land one worth selling. But after seeing sale after sale reaching ridiculous numbers it does have me thinking. What if this person says, that is it, I have had enough? Other than a immediate decrease in about 100x the current sales prices, are there a lot of people out there who will be stuck with their hand in the cookie jar? It may never happen but I have got to think that it can't sustain itself. Kind of like a hot stock where some people will lose their ***. I don't mind losing a few bucks, but I imagine that some will be in for a substantial loss. Again, this is a big what if but it could happen.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
How many people will be stuck with big losses??

I have not been able to be lucky enough to land one worth selling. But after seeing sale after sale reaching ridiculous numbers it does have me thinking. What if this person says, that is it, I have had enough? Other than a immediate decrease in about 100x the current sales prices, are there a lot of people out there who will be stuck with their hand in the cookie jar? It may never happen but I have got to think that it can't sustain itself. Kind of like a hot stock where some people will lose their ***. I don't mind losing a few bucks, but I imagine that some will be in for a substantial loss. Again, this is a big what if but it could happen.

There is more then 1 Vizquel collector.. That's why the prices are as high as they are..

I have sold Vizquel stuff to more then 1 buyer..

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
There is more then 1 Vizquel collector.. That's why the prices are as high as they are..

I have sold Vizquel stuff to more then 1 buyer..

So both of the buyers are paying these huge amounts? Just curious... And wouldn't it still hold true if there are only two paying these amounts. Get rid of one then the competition goes away.. At least at these prices.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have the same issue with Edgar Martinez..

I used to be one of the big Edgar Martinez Collectors.. Now there are others that are outbidding me..

One of the sellers I have been in contact and we have sold to each other our dupes, but now there are a few more that have been outbidding both of us..

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So both of the buyers are paying these huge amounts? Just curious... And wouldn't it still hold true if there are only two paying these amounts. Get rid of one then the competition goes away.. At least at these prices.

Yes, if one of the two super collectors backed out of the market then prices on the rare stuff would drop significantly because he'd no longer have any competition willing to pay massive amounts.

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
I have the same issue with Edgar Martinez..

I used to be one of the big Edgar Martinez Collectors.. Now there are others that are outbidding me..

One of the sellers I have been in contact and we have sold to each other our dupes, but now there are a few more that have been outbidding both of us..

Totally agree with this...there definitely seems to be more competition for the rare stuff.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Totally agree with this...there definitely seems to be more competition for the rare stuff.

Count your lucky stars that it hasnt gotten to the Astronomical prices yet that Vizquel has. At some point I imagine it cant be that enjoyable spending the money they have. Then again to them spending 50k is like some of us spending 1k I imagine

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, I think it's just a matter of how many Vizquel Supercollectors are out there. I think he has more Supercollectors out there than Thome does.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
At this point, I think a lot of the "competition" is people investing in Visquel to sell to one of the big collectors...

It happened with Thome a year or 2 ago. When the HUGE Thome buyer stepped back, everyone was left holding their dicks (and their rare Thomes)

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
At this point, I think a lot of the "competition" is people investing in Visquel to sell to one of the big collectors...

It happened with Thome a year or 2 ago. When the HUGE Thome buyer stepped back, everyone was left holding their dicks (and their rare Thomes)

LMAO so eloquently put!!! I agree though 100%

Members online