User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here from NJ looking for some guidance and expertise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie here from NJ looking for some guidance and expertise

My father was a big time collector, of all sports and of all years. He got a little ill a few years ago and just never got back into, it took a toll on him. Recently I've been going through the attic while moving things and I've come across his card sanctuary as he would call it. And I've found some promising cards, I know for a fact they are all original, even the Fleer ones with Jordan which I know have been reprinted, I found the box the complete set came in with the postal date on it. All boxes show in the pics are complete sets. I remember him when I was younger collecting and hunting down cards, having complete sets sent to the house. He has the whole attic full, boxes and boxes of cards.I was wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction, of rarity, current market value, should I sell, or hold on to them?

I have a lot more to show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9414.JPG   IMG_9397.JPG   IMG_9398 - Copy.JPG   IMG_9399.JPG   IMG_9400.JPG  

IMG_9415 - Copy.JPG   IMG_9416 - Copy.JPG   IMG_9418 - Copy.JPG   IMG_9419.JPG   IMG_9420.JPG  

IMG_9421.JPG   IMG_9422.JPG   IMG_9423 - Copy.JPG   IMG_9424.JPG   IMG_9425 - Copy.JPG  

IMG_9426.JPG   IMG_9427.JPG   IMG_9428.JPG   IMG_9429.JPG   IMG_9433.JPG  

IMG_9434.JPG   IMG_9435.JPG   IMG_9486.JPG   IMG_9489.JPG   IMG_9485.JPG  

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To maximize your money and ease of selling, you have to get the big valued vintage and Jordan cards graded.

Also the dimaggio needs to be certified by psa dna

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a helluva collection. You've definitely got enough potential there that you'll want to have someone trustworthy to help you go through it and make sure you can either maximize it (like putting more money in and getting some of the vintage stuff graded as BBC mentioned) or at the very least get fair value from someone else willing to do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, where in jersey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    To maximize your money and ease of selling, you have to get the big valued vintage and Jordan cards graded.

Also the dimaggio needs to be certified by psa dna

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    How does one go about the grading process?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Looks like a helluva collection. You've definitely got enough potential there that you'll want to have someone trustworthy to help you go through it and make sure you can either maximize it (like putting more money in and getting some of the vintage stuff graded as BBC mentioned) or at the very least get fair value from someone else willing to do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly wouldn't mind getting fair value, for someone willing to do the work. I have no idea how to go about the grading and certification. If someone steered me in the right direction, I wouldn't mind going through the process but I don't know anyone that collects cards that I can trust. There's a local card store in the area but I'm not sure if I want to go and get a very low offer and I accept cause I don't know any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Welcome, where in jersey?
    Not too far from PA actually, Poconos is about an hour or so. I'm by Rutherford, and small towns like Clifton, Nutley and Lyndhurst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more I've found while doing some digging. The last picture with those stack of cards are all of Hank Aaron, he was my fathers favorite player.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9494.JPG   IMG_9491.JPG   IMG_9492.JPG   IMG_9490.JPG  

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very little value, I'll give u 100 for all.. Jk. Welcome, some real beauties there sir
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izucantc View Post
    Not too far from PA actually, Poconos is about an hour or so. I'm by Rutherford, and small towns like Clifton, Nutley and Lyndhurst.
    I'm originally from Fair Lawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Very little value, I'll give u 100 for all.. Jk. Welcome, some real beauties there sir
    Hahaha thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm originally from Fair Lawn
    Ohh I know where that is, not too far from me actually. Are you a collector?

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh I know where that is, not too far from me actually. Are you a collector?
    I collect Mets and NYfootballGiants, but I'm not the right guy to advise you on your stuff, but I'm sure there are some people here who could help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collect Mets and NYfootballGiants, but I'm not the right guy to advise you on your stuff, but I'm sure there are some people here who could help
    Thank you for your honesty, I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie here from NJ looking for some guidance and expertise

I honestly wouldn't mind getting fair value, for someone willing to do the work. I have no idea how to go about the grading and certification. If someone steered me in the right direction, I wouldn't mind going through the process but I don't know anyone that collects cards that I can trust. There's a local card store in the area but I'm not sure if I want to go and get a very low offer and I accept cause I don't know any better.
    Excellent, then you're already on the right track! I think at the least you'll want to grade some of those Aaron's, especially the rookie and any stars that are older than the 70's plus early Jordans. Price will vary per card for grading but you'll more than make up for that cost as buyers will pay more with the peace of mind from the grading company. There's a Group Grading section on here that is a good place to dig around and get a little info, questions answered, and potentially join a group submission where a couple of our reliable members can send cards in for you. Jeffv96masters (or something like that) runs a good PSA sub.
    For the newer stuff, you can try to check completed sales on eBay to get an idea of value. If you can't find something or if you think it's pretty rare chances are people on this board can give you solid information without a biased opinion or motive
    Worst case, start a new thread and post one card at a time until you have all the info you need!
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast