User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Padres Official Thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Diego Padres Official Thread

I figure this could be a thread to post anything Padres related including pick ups, news, trade talk or anything else.

I stepped away from collecting for a while but I have picked up a few cards within the last few months and hope to be more active on the boards again.

Here are some of the cards I picked up recently.

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice . I need to trade 20,000 base/ commons of Padres 1987/2015 -- no collectors in NC of Padres .
    I collect Robbie Erlin - he played for local minor league

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some nice patches. Yesterdays game was pretty bad. Although watching Bethancourt throw the knuckleball was awesome. Stopped picking up current players because nobody seem to stick around more than a year but here are a few cards I picked up recently:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least King Felix scratched from tonight's start.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/s...-strain-060116

Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That Winfield patch card is really neat. Nice collection.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will give me a place to do the play-by-play when Shields pitches. Hopefully he can rebound from quite possibly the worst game from any starter this season. Put my fantasy team in a big hole yesterday but thankfully my other pitchers and position players put up huge numbers to offset the damage a bit. Would have been one of the best days from my team all season if I hadn't started him.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    This will give me a place to do the play-by-play when Shields pitches. Hopefully he can rebound from quite possibly the worst game from any starter this season. Put my fantasy team in a big hole yesterday but thankfully my other pitchers and position players put up huge numbers to offset the damage a bit. Would have been one of the best days from my team all season if I hadn't started him.
    Shields play by play.....he sucks....easy
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try being a fan of this team for over 20 years Fowler lol

San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler blasts team's poor play

"Pathetic. Embarrassing. Miserable failures.
    These are just some of the words San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler used to discuss his team's play this season.
    Fowler's exasperation was on display during a radio interview with ESPN's The Mighty 1090 in San Diego on Wednesday -- one day after the team was drubbed 16-4 in Seattle to conclude a 1-7 road trip.
    "It's been embarrassing. I don't know how else to put it," Fowler said. "Our performance on the road trip, 1-7, was pathetic.
    "I'm a very competitive individual. I think I've won a lot more than lost in my life. This baseball experience has been very frustrating, very embarrassing."
    Though Fowler called the team "miserable failures" for getting off to a 20-33 start that has the Padres 12 games out of first in the NL West, he spared first-year manager Andy Green and his staff from criticism.
    "In terms of the manager and coaching staff, we've got as good a group or a better group than I've seen," Fowler said. "They're doing what they need to do. Part of it is on the players."
    And the player Fowler singled out was struggling ace James Shields, who got rocked for 10 runs in less than three innings in Tuesday's disappointing defeat.
    "To have a starter like Shields perform as poorly as he did yesterday is an embarrassment to the team, an embarrassment to him," Fowler said.
    Shields is in the second year of a four-year, $75 million deal with the Padres but is just 2-7 with a 4.28 ERA this season.

"To have a starter like [James] Shields perform as poorly as he did yesterday is an embarrassment to the team, an embarrassment to him," Fowler said. AP Photo/Ted S. Warren"It's on the player, but the organization has to accept responsibility for probably having the wrong players," Fowler said. "We don't have a team out there right now that is competing effectively. We're doing everything we can going into the draft and looking at international signings to get some guys who can get us there."
    The task of finding the right players has fallen on general manager A.J. Preller, who has been praised for building up the Padres' minor league system but who has failed to deliver at the major-league level.
    "I will say he has done a spectacular job of building the player-development area," Fowler said. "I think the players we have in the farm system now as a group are stronger than they have been before.
    "We rolled the dice with him on some major-league signings, major-league trades. We collectively have to look at that and say it didn't come together as well as we wanted."
    Preller will get his next crack at positioning the Padres for the future at next week's amateur draft as San Diego holds six of the top 85 picks.
    For now, the Padres hope they can get things on track during a stretch in which 12 of their next 15 games are at home in Petco Park, starting with Wednesday's game against the Seattle Mariners."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tramers View Post
    nice . I need to trade 20,000 base/ commons of Padres 1987/2015 -- no collectors in NC of Padres .
    I collect Robbie Erlin - he played for local minor league
    I have so many commons I want to get rid of too, I might even give them away for free. Sucks Erlin will have Tommy John surgery.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    Those are some nice patches. Yesterdays game was pretty bad. Although watching Bethancourt throw the knuckleball was awesome. Stopped picking up current players because nobody seem to stick around more than a year but here are a few cards I picked up recently:
    It's been miserable this year. Injuries are killing us again. Nice Aki cards! I have a few.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoDan View Post
    That Winfield patch card is really neat. Nice collection.
    Check these out

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Shields was doing pretty well this year up until that last game. I'm really pulling for him to get traded to the White Sox. We need his salary off the books.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite Padres cards!

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PadresFan86 View Post
    I have so many commons I want to get rid of too, I might even give them away for free. Sucks Erlin will have Tommy John surgery.
    I hadn't seen that about Erlin . thanks

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Padres have been scoring runs lately! Heck, even Derek Norris is getting in some of the action.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast