Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

San Diego Padres Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I figure this could be a thread to post anything Padres related including pick ups, news, trade talk or anything else.

I stepped away from collecting for a while but I have picked up a few cards within the last few months and hope to be more active on the boards again.

Here are some of the cards I picked up recently.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
nice . I need to trade 20,000 base/ commons of Padres 1987/2015 -- no collectors in NC of Padres .
I collect Robbie Erlin - he played for local minor league

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Those are some nice patches. Yesterdays game was pretty bad. Although watching Bethancourt throw the knuckleball was awesome. Stopped picking up current players because nobody seem to stick around more than a year but here are a few cards I picked up recently:

shields_zpsinzu2zxn.jpg
wil_myers_zpsu9rzgkwa.jpg
ferrell_will_zpsrhdnum0w.jpg

otsuka_yabu_003_zpspphwn3k4.jpg
solarte_zps1356c9f1.jpg
spangenberg_zpsfab1d793.jpg

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This will give me a place to do the play-by-play when Shields pitches. Hopefully he can rebound from quite possibly the worst game from any starter this season. Put my fantasy team in a big hole yesterday but thankfully my other pitchers and position players put up huge numbers to offset the damage a bit. Would have been one of the best days from my team all season if I hadn't started him.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
This will give me a place to do the play-by-play when Shields pitches. Hopefully he can rebound from quite possibly the worst game from any starter this season. Put my fantasy team in a big hole yesterday but thankfully my other pitchers and position players put up huge numbers to offset the damage a bit. Would have been one of the best days from my team all season if I hadn't started him.

Shields play by play.....he sucks....easy

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Try being a fan of this team for over 20 years Fowler lol

San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler blasts team's poor play

"Pathetic. Embarrassing. Miserable failures.
These are just some of the words San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler used to discuss his team's play this season.
Fowler's exasperation was on display during a radio interview with ESPN's The Mighty 1090 in San Diego on Wednesday -- one day after the team was drubbed 16-4 in Seattle to conclude a 1-7 road trip.
"It's been embarrassing. I don't know how else to put it," Fowler said. "Our performance on the road trip, 1-7, was pathetic.
"I'm a very competitive individual. I think I've won a lot more than lost in my life. This baseball experience has been very frustrating, very embarrassing."
Though Fowler called the team "miserable failures" for getting off to a 20-33 start that has the Padres 12½ games out of first in the NL West, he spared first-year manager Andy Green and his staff from criticism.
"In terms of the manager and coaching staff, we've got as good a group or a better group than I've seen," Fowler said. "They're doing what they need to do. Part of it is on the players."
And the player Fowler singled out was struggling ace James Shields, who got rocked for 10 runs in less than three innings in Tuesday's disappointing defeat.
"To have a starter like Shields perform as poorly as he did yesterday is an embarrassment to the team, an embarrassment to him," Fowler said.
Shields is in the second year of a four-year, $75 million deal with the Padres but is just 2-7 with a 4.28 ERA this season.

"To have a starter like [James] Shields perform as poorly as he did yesterday is an embarrassment to the team, an embarrassment to him," Fowler said. AP Photo/Ted S. Warren"It's on the player, but the organization has to accept responsibility for probably having the wrong players," Fowler said. "We don't have a team out there right now that is competing effectively. We're doing everything we can going into the draft and looking at international signings to get some guys who can get us there."
The task of finding the right players has fallen on general manager A.J. Preller, who has been praised for building up the Padres' minor league system but who has failed to deliver at the major-league level.
"I will say he has done a spectacular job of building the player-development area," Fowler said. "I think the players we have in the farm system now as a group are stronger than they have been before.
"We rolled the dice with him on some major-league signings, major-league trades. We collectively have to look at that and say it didn't come together as well as we wanted."
Preller will get his next crack at positioning the Padres for the future at next week's amateur draft as San Diego holds six of the top 85 picks.
For now, the Padres hope they can get things on track during a stretch in which 12 of their next 15 games are at home in Petco Park, starting with Wednesday's game against the Seattle Mariners."

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
nice . I need to trade 20,000 base/ commons of Padres 1987/2015 -- no collectors in NC of Padres .
I collect Robbie Erlin - he played for local minor league
I have so many commons I want to get rid of too, I might even give them away for free. Sucks Erlin will have Tommy John surgery.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Those are some nice patches. Yesterdays game was pretty bad. Although watching Bethancourt throw the knuckleball was awesome. Stopped picking up current players because nobody seem to stick around more than a year but here are a few cards I picked up recently:

It's been miserable this year. Injuries are killing us again. Nice Aki cards! I have a few.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California

Shields was doing pretty well this year up until that last game. I'm really pulling for him to get traded to the White Sox. We need his salary off the books.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Padres got that ass whipped. I made 60 bucks off of it thanks to
in game betting. When it was 12 to 7 I bet just under ten dollars on the Mariners.
It was the craziest game I have seen. I was glad I bet and watched it.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm still having trouble trying to comprehend what happened last night in the 7th inning. 7 straight hits with 2 outs! Unbelievable!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
For those that need to see a recap :eek:

By the way, Matt Thornton used to pitch for the M's

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v769991183[/video]

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts