Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games for taking Human Growth Hormone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Does the MLB have list of approved supplements?

More and more of these players that are getting suspended are using supplements that they get over the counter without knowing what is in them..

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
He didn't know he was taking hgh. "It was in my coco pebbles, if I would've known I would not have eaten them"

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
So the Indians may have a chance to take back that 1yr minor league contract they gave him plus whatever major league salary too?

Fordman

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012

More and more of these players that are getting suspended are using supplements that they get over the counter without knowing what is in them..

I'm sure there's a list of approved/unapproved supplements. I do know they (MLB) has their own approved "Doctors" that you can call and ask questions to about what's in certain supplements; is it approved; etc questions.

I thought I read where Byrd's "chemist" he uses is Victor Conte, the guy who got busted years ago in the BALCO scandal and has been banned by mlb. THATS who you decide to put your faith in that's not going to steer you wrong? Idiot. Plus the hgh drug he got suspended for is an injectable, not like you can accidentally take a multi-vitamin and have it be in that.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Looking at his stats, it looks obvious now that he was using PEDs.

In his first 11 seasons, he hit 20 homers only once, and in every other year, he averaged less than 10, with a high of 12.

Then suddenly, in the past three seasons, he hit 24, 25 and 23 homers at ages 35, 36 and 37.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

The stuff he was busted for is not something you find in an OTC

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Looking at his stats, it looks obvious now that he was using PEDs.

In his first 11 seasons, he hit 20 homers only once, and in every other year, he averaged less than 10, with a high of 12.

Then suddenly, in the past three seasons, he hit 24, 25 and 23 homers at ages 35, 36 and 37.
Who says steroids don't help you hit homeruns.....