Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your search for answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have 800 copies of the card, there is no way whatsoever for you to not bring down the market on them if you decide to sell even 10% of your find. Regardless whether you space them out or not. You're lucky if you can find 50 guys willing to pay $100+ for the card after you've sold a couple dozen.

The value on this card plummeted once the guy who cut up the 10 sheets with them years ago sold some. Then again when the other guy found the hi number palette of Witt boxes.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't agree with you more,that's why I say,if they sell,they sell...but I won't just give them away,so if people want to pay,they will pay,if not,its no problem for me to hold them,and I don't believe these were found in sheets and cut,thanks for your comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the first guy who came to me and gave me a little insight...he will have one of the free ones for his collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admire all you guys,im New to collecting,and I'm very excited to get started on my collecting,it will keep me busy as well as give me knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14649294356061158684900.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	420.9 KB 
ID:	62695

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert M Ayala View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more,that's why I say,if they sell,they sell...but I won't just give them away,so if people want to pay,they will pay,if not,its no problem for me to hold them,and I don't believe these were found in sheets and cut,thanks for your comment.
    Do you mind me asking what insight he provided? I noticed that he emailed me shortly after you posted several times on my blog of asking about them. It seems he directed you to my work/information source on the card. And for what it's worth, my last post provides more info, data and knowledge about the future sales of this card than anything that has been said so far.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you do me a favor Jackson and forward the link you are talking about,also,can you tell me about the person who has the sheets and the guy with the pallet,i couldn't find anything about any of those finds,much appreciated
    Last edited by Gilbert M Ayala; 06-03-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you do me a favor Jackson and forward the link you are talking about,also,can you tell me about the person who has the sheets and the guy with the pallet,i couldn't find anything about any of those finds,much appreciated
    What link? I know that you left several messages on my blog (junkwaxgems) asking for information on the Witt, in the comments section of the Witt article I compiled and wrote a few years ago. I'm assuming that is the info that Rich pointed you to.

Nobody has the uncut sheet anymore as they were cut up and sold as singles years ago. Some were graded by BGS. They have made their way into collections by now.

Same with the Witt error box/palette finds. Over the last few years many copies of the Witt showed up for sale on eBay (after only 3-4 in ten plus years). This reduced the value of the card and the number of collectors willing to drop big cash on it. Now that it is public knowledge that 800 additional copies exist, and I'll wager there are more of those 800ct boxes full of them out there, the value will certainly drop further. Here are some factors:

- knowing these were "saved" and not trashed means far more out there (800 at least, but now speculation begins)

-upper deck doesn't have the master set collectors that Topps does. Their variations sell for substantially less than Topps do. So however many die hard error, Yankees, and ud master set builders are out there interested in owning one isn't a very big number, and considering many of those have picked up a copy in the last few years, the number is relatively low. Even their biggest collector, KO, will likely be spending far less on obtaining them, if at all, with this knowledge present.

-interest will likely shift to the checklist 800 with black box, as only a few copies have shown up for sale so far but if your find is indicitive of anything it's that there are hoards of them out there somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that was your site,junkwaxgems,but a s I stated before,it really doesn't make a difference if they sell or not,its not a problem me holding what I got,to me they are just a card,any I have been in touch with a few people who are willing to pay,but it's only common sense if you say there are "hoards" of them that someone would bring them out?...I haven't seen any..so your opinions mean nothing to me..only time will tell,but in the meantime they are in my possesion.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that was your site,junkwaxgems,but a s I stated before,it really doesn't make a difference if they sell or not,its not a problem me holding what I got,to me they are just a card,any I have been in touch with a few people who are willing to pay,but it's only common sense if you say there are "hoards" of them that someone would bring them out?...I haven't seen any..so your opinions mean nothing to me..only time will tell,but in the meantime they are in my possesion.
    So you ask for information, you get it and then you discount it as my "opinions" which "means nothing to" you. Ok. Here's another opinion: you want to make as much possible on this hoard, right? So an expert gives you the facts to do what you need to with and because they add up to you making less on them than the arbitrary and unrealistic numbers you received from a "helpful" collector, you decide you're gonna discount the knowledge. Whether you "don't care" and hold onto them or not matters little now that card is known to exist in quantities of more than 1000 copies. Just the fact that an 800ct box was found will make collectors pause before buying many more at their former price points.

Your find of an 800 count lot of them is some huge information on this card, possibly the biggest piece so far (definitely MY opinion and one I predicted years ago). But you really think that your 800 count is the only hoard that was smuggled out by an UD employee? In fact, this news is so big, I will be making a new blog entry on your fortunate discovery, as I feel it is extremely important that the collecting public (who use my site as source on this card and other variation items) is aware that so many of the card are now confirmed to exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I have no disrespect to the collecting community,you stayed the obvious by your opinion that the are hundreds of thousands out there,so where are they?..all through the internet I've looked..seen 2 pictures out there, so once again show me the sheets,show me the many many more out there,its all your hearsay,and instead of saying,"hey man,good find""best of luck on what ever you do with them"...you want to try and belittle me because your the expert,show your expertise and prove your theory of the hundreds of thousands out there??..why so negative?..put yourself in my shoes,maybe that's why the negativity..cause your not the one in my shoes,so go ahead mister expert,post what you want,but bottom line is you can't prove what you think you know!...peace.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I have no disrespect to the collecting community,you stayed the obvious by your opinion that the are hundreds of thousands out there,so where are they?..all through the internet I've looked..seen 2 pictures out there, so once again show me the sheets,show me the many many more out there,its all your hearsay,and instead of saying,"hey man,good find""best of luck on what ever you do with them"...you want to try and belittle me because your the expert,show your expertise and prove your theory of the hundreds of thousands out there??..why so negative?..put yourself in my shoes,maybe that's why the negativity..cause your not the one in my shoes,so go ahead mister expert,post what you want,but bottom line is you can't prove what you think you know!...peace.
    I'm not being negative, just giving you the facts and information that you requested, you just don't like it. Nobody has said there are hundreds of thousands. Do you not read what I post?

Ten sheets were found with a Witt on each. I'll do the math for you: that's 10 Witts. THEN...a palette of hi number boxes was broken and an unknown amount of Witt's were pulled, let's say 10 (it was more but to keep it easy). So now we have 20 new Witts in circulating in a short span of time (this went down between 2010 and 2014). Prior to that, there had been at least 10 sales. So that adds up to 30 Witts that I claim as confirmed and just having 30 copies over that time brought the value down from $600+ to less than $200. So at minimum, with your hoard, 830 copies are out there. There are not 830 people willing to pay THAT much for this card. After each person who wants one, gets one, the value dips (simple economics).

By the time you sell 20 of these, they will be $100 cards (still great find!), and even if you wait patiently and space them out, by the time you've sold 100 of them, they will be $50 cards. Your best bet is to hold a small batch (20-50) and literally burn the rest. You'll still make more money on them that way. That is, unless another 800ct box shows up.

EDIT: Witt sheets being sold by your helpful collector SHEETS!

This was the 4th or 5th hit under google search "1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt." My article and blog being #1 and #2 . You're welcome.
    Last edited by jacksoncoupage; 06-03-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should just close this thread before it derails. I think we tried as a community to help with insight on actual sales data, actual documented/heavy research on the card, but the collector didn't really want to hear what we had to say. I think jacksoncoupage has about as much knowledge as you'll find on the card, and his opinion, weighs a lot more than most, definitely more than mine. But there isn't any reason to see this thread start to get ugly. It's a sad reality of the forum world. If the opinion they get isn't what they wanted to hear, they get offended too easily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast