Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone collect a player who...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Has played for multiple teams (for multiple years each), but only has one team they have used for game used? For example, Clark played for SF, TEX, BAL and STL. He only has SF game used items. I've always wished they would at least purchase and use some Rangers items since he played there for 5 years. I would like the other 2 teams too, but always bugged me they haven't done any other besides SF. Anyone else "mad" they haven't switched it up?

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That may not necessarily be true. There are plenty of instances with GU cards featuring swatches from a different team than who the player is pictured with. I personally own plenty; Josh Beckett (Marlins swatch, Red Sox photo) and Scott Rolen (Phils swatch, Cards picture) are two that come to mind that seem fairly common. A white Clark swatch could some from who the hell knows anywhere, but the choice was made to show him as a Giant, the team he's most associated with.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That may not necessarily be true. There are plenty of instances with GU cards featuring swatches from a different team than who the player is pictured with. I personally own plenty; Josh Beckett (Marlins swatch, Red Sox photo) and Scott Rolen (Phils swatch, Cards picture) are two that come to mind that seem fairly common. A white Clark swatch could some from who the hell knows anywhere, but the choice was made to show him as a Giant, the team he's most associated with.

Although I understand that, I own 100s of GU Clark's and seen 1000s more. My conclusion comes from there being no patches that would have came from anything else but a Giants Jersey. IF they used a TEX, BAL or STL jersey, they have never used the patches, and I'm not sure that would make sense.

Ryan

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Yeah. ..Canseco. they did a small portion of devil ray patch cards. ...like 3 maybe. ...the rest? Oakland iirc! That is part of the appeal of making my own.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I would love to see...
Reggie jackson- Baltimore orioles patches
Eddie mathews- Detroit Tigers patches
Lou brock- cubs patches
Ryne sandberg- Phillies patches
Jim bunning- Phillies patches
Jack morris- twins patches
Bert blyleven- pirates patches
Luis aparicio- orioles patches

So on and so on

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah. ..Canseco. they did a small portion of devil ray patch cards. ...like 3 maybe. ...the rest? Oakland iirc! That is part of the appeal of making my own.

Does he have Blue Jays or Rangers ones?

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I have a 2000 upper deck Canseco devil rays patch!

Pm sent!

Does he have Blue Jays or Rangers ones?

Ryan
I could be wrong but I believe he has a Yankees card or something like that. ..but with a devil rays patch. No blue Jays or rangers patch cards other then mine though :) he does have a whole slew of swatch and bat cards for other teams. I can understand why card companies don't put out his other team stuff. A lot of it is much rarer and his appeal with other teams from others is much much lower.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

I thought of this card, but how can anyone be sure it's from Tampa?

s-l400.jpg

However, when you google "Jose Canseco Rays Patch", this image comes up-

20150516_133349.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Excellent find :)
I thought of this card, but how can anyone be sure it's from Tampa?

s-l400.jpg

However, when you google "Jose Canseco Rays Patch", this image comes up-

20150516_133349.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was looking through my Clark items and looking at some of the grey swatch pieces, some actually state they are Jersey, not pants. But the fact is there are no patch pieces that have grey with them. They are only white + patch pieces. So I'm curious to know if they are either pants or there are actual patch pieces hiding somewhere if they are from a jersey. And if they are a jersey, I'm wondering what team it was from. (I'd have to study the grey coloring to see where it came from)

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I was looking through my Clark items and looking at some of the grey swatch pieces, some actually state they are Jersey, not pants. But the fact is there are no patch pieces that have grey with them. They are only white + patch pieces. So I'm curious to know if they are either pants or there are actual patch pieces hiding somewhere if they are from a jersey. And if they are a jersey, I'm wondering what team it was from. (I'd have to study the grey coloring to see where it came from)

Ryan

Gonna say I thought some SFG stuff had a grayish look to the jersey. Not quite the same gray as Rangers. But something gray. Trying to picture it in my mind...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Gonna say I thought some SFG stuff had a grayish look to the jersey. Not quite the same gray as Rangers. But something gray. Trying to picture it in my mind...

Def did have grey, but like you said could be different than Rangers grey etc, just haven't looked closely enough. If it is a jersey and not pants they used that was grey (regardless if it was SF or anyone else), there aren't patch piece from it. Every patch he has has a white "border".

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.