User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 1963 Topps Pete Rose RC *Only* PSA 10 To Go Up For Auction

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jaypers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    47,775
     cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Cool 1963 Topps Pete Rose RC *Only* PSA 10 To Go Up For Auction

    Starts up in August. Looking forward to seeing what this ends at. Any guesses?

    https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...umbnail-071515
    J.P.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,053
     piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been paying more attention to post-war vintage lately and it's getting crazy again. Sort of like prices stabilized for a couple years, now people are looking around and saying,"Card X is only selling for that much? What a bargain!" and prices are taking off. If you zoom in real close on the scan, you see some tiny flaking in the blue edges and corners, and I suppose that's really unavoidable, but it's maybe not an "11" that some people might look for at the price. I'd say conservatively $150K, probably more in the $200-250K range.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

  3. #3
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,402
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess.... A lot
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well IDK but considering this Brett looks like it is on its way to 6 figures I imagine 250K? Who knows anymore. Vintage has gotten stupid

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-G...MAAOSwbYZXVHVg

  5. #5
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,402
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    Well IDK but considering this Brett looks like it is on its way to 6 figures I imagine 250K? Who knows anymore. Vintage has gotten stupid

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-G...MAAOSwbYZXVHVg
    Jeez Louis, even if I had 125k just hanging out, I don't think a baseball card who even cross my mind
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  6. #6
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, prices just keep going... Lets say there is no recession still in effect.

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Damn, prices just keep going... Lets say there is no recession still in effect.

    Ryan
    Your bolded statement was exactly what I was wondering

    I am absolutely dumbfounded at the amount of money being tossed around right now. I understand the appeal to vintage cards. But the prices are just unreal. And as AC mentioned if I had 125K laying around a baseball card would be the furthest from my mind. The only card that I would have ever considered dropping serious cash for may have been a 52 Topps Mantle. But now that a PSA 4 goes for 50+ No thanks. Unsustainable IMO.
    Hypothetically If you took away the big fish right now PWCC auctions, would vintage really be this explosive? IDK maybe but seems these guys have really pushed the envelope and have opened Pandora's box on the vintage market. At the very least the exposure has gotten much more visible to the ridiculous prices.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    I am absolutely dumbfounded at the amount of money being tossed around right now. I understand the appeal to vintage cards. But the prices are just unreal. And as AC mentioned if I had 125K laying around a baseball card would be the furthest from my mind. The only card that I would have ever considered dropping serious cash for may have been a 52 Topps Mantle. But now that a PSA 4 goes for 50+ No thanks. Unsustainable IMO.
    Hypothetically If you took away the big fish right now PWCC auctions, would vintage really be this explosive? IDK maybe but seems these guys have really pushed the envelope and have opened Pandora's box on the vintage market. At the very least the exposure has gotten much more visible to the ridiculous prices.
    But the people spending $125k (at least in my opinion) , have the $125k plus a whole bunch more of the $125ks lying around. And yes some of these eBay sellers have huge sales, but really nothing compared to the amounts some of the auction house items bring. There are buyers out there you'll never know about spending millions a year on cards/memorabilia.

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  9. #9
    Senior Member 16christensen16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    spencer iowa
    Posts
    1,635
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going over 400k, wouldn't be suprised if even over 500k. Just my opinion

  10. #10
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    12,488
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grading companies revitalized vintage once again.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    1,573
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    But the people spending $125k (at least in my opinion) , have the $125k plus a whole bunch more of the $125ks lying around. And yes some of these eBay sellers have huge sales, but really nothing compared to the amounts some of the auction house items bring. There are buyers out there you'll never know about spending millions a year on cards/memorabilia.

    Ryan
    What Ryan said. I buy from auction houses from time to time but rarely am I am able to find a real deal in those places. There are buyers who are devoted to auction houses and that's all. If you guys are not members of auction houses I would strongly recommend you register for as many as you can find. Even if you never buy a single card from them, as a collector and enthusiast of the hobby, I have the best time simply looking through the catalogs they send me. My wife tolerates our living room coffee table to have these catalogs on there all the time. The cool thing about it is I get a fresh new look about every quarter with new catalogs.

    And I totally agree with [MENTION=12284]16christensen16[/MENTION], this card is surpassing $400k if not $500K. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went higher than any of those figures. Four years ago this exact card sold for $157,366.
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

    Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    But the people spending $125k (at least in my opinion) , have the $125k plus a whole bunch more of the $125ks lying around. And yes some of these eBay sellers have huge sales, but really nothing compared to the amounts some of the auction house items bring. There are buyers out there you'll never know about spending millions a year on cards/memorabilia.

    Ryan

    I guess unless you have that kind of my money it is real hard to comprehend. Like real hard.

  13. #13
    Senior Member 16christensen16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    spencer iowa
    Posts
    1,635
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    What Ryan said. I buy from auction houses from time to time but rarely am I am able to find a real deal in those places. There are buyers who are devoted to auction houses and that's all. If you guys are not members of auction houses I would strongly recommend you register for as many as you can find. Even if you never buy a single card from them, as a collector and enthusiast of the hobby, I have the best time simply looking through the catalogs they send me. My wife tolerates our living room coffee table to have these catalogs on there all the time. The cool thing about it is I get a fresh new look about every quarter with new catalogs.

    And I totally agree with [MENTION=12284]16christensen16[/MENTION], this card is surpassing $400k if not $500K. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went higher than any of those figures. Four years ago this exact card sold for $157,366.
    It's going huge! Pete Rose is a very popular rookie card, and this is the only 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •