Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here watching Basketball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Never liked the sport, at all.
Never had interest, at all.

So now I feel dirty because I've been watching the playoffs and finals and boy, are they interesting.

So many story lines from perhaps the best team ever to Curry's wife claiming it's rigged and everything between.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i am only watching bits and pieces of the finals. I hate the NBA - no defense, too much uncalled traveling, and it's streetball. I like pure basketball and its highest level is played at the college level.

It will be fun to see if the warriors will choke away a championship but I'm still not going to be watching the whole game. Maybe the 4th quarter only.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Not normally a basketball fan, but after watching the ESPN 30 for 30 "Believeland" I really want those poor sports fans in Cleveland to win a championship.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
i am only watching bits and pieces of the finals. I hate the NBA - no defense,

You must have missed last nights game! I'm looking forward to game 7.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Watching it and liking it. There have been a lot of blowouts in the playoffs which has hurt a lil' but I love the Finals match up. I'm a LeBron fan so I'm hoping he can pull it off. Last year even though he had to try to do it all I felt he was forcing too much and his shooting % was horrible. Much better well rounded for him this year and I'd love to see the comeback complete. The thing is the teams can make runs so quickly even with a 20 point lead it can swing to 4 points quickly so it's interesting to watch. I think Steph has amazing talent but I'm not sure I like some of his personality traits or habits. Regardless I'm hoping for a great game 7.

Ryan

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
After what was looking like it was going to be a dreadful Finals, this has turned into a really good series.

I hope Cleveland pulls it off in Game 7.

If LeBron can score 40 in Game 7 and bring the Cavs back in this series and win the Finals over this Warriors team, that the stuff sports legends are made of.

I'm not a big LBJ fan, but he will have earned my respect if he can pull this off.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
College basketball is SOOO much more interesting to me.

I especially despise the dreadful slowness of the end of a close game. Shot, foul, timeout, shot, foul, timeout. Now I realize college has this problem too, but it seems like it's so much worse in the Pros. I'll probably watch Game 7 and stay tuned in if it's close, but not gonna pique my interest half as much as a Hockey or Baseball Game 7.

And I don't think anyone has mentioned GS as a possible "best team ever" since the Playoffs started.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think the Bulls were 15-3 in the Playoffs during the 72 win season. GS has been tested these last 2 series for sure, but still have survived so far. It's hard to rank "best evers", but winning 70+ in the regular season is impressive to whoever has/will do it.

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And I don't think anyone has mentioned GS as a possible "best team ever" since the Playoffs started.

the media has a few times when Golden State set the NBA record for the team with the most reg+playoff wins combined in a single season.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Watch it every time it's on. Love basketball. Hate college basketball though. Too boring....

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Not normally a basketball fan, but after watching the ESPN 30 for 30 "Believeland" I really want those poor sports fans in Cleveland to win a championship.
I agree with you, but not if it's LeBron doing it. I know a great many are in absolute love with the guy, but I can't stand the man. I can't put my finger on exactly why this is, but I find him very unlikable. There's no denying he's one helluva player, though.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I still think it's quite the coincidence LJ and Steph were born in the same city/hospital. That's quite the odds that woulda happened.

Ryan

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Game 7, on Fathers Day, 2 of the greatest players pitted against each other, could this be ratings history? Or has basketball dropped too far in the last decade? I know my Father's Day plans changed to make sure we're back in time!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
There's no denying he's one helluva player, though.

He looks better than he is because there is no defense in the NBA. Imagine if there was actually defense in the NBA, he wouldn't be slicing and dicing to the basket all the time and look like a superstar.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
He looks better than he is because there is no defense in the NBA. Imagine if there was actually defense in the NBA, he wouldn't be slicing and dicing to the basket all the time and look like a superstar.

Ummm, you don't think LeBron James is a great basketball player and a superstar? It's an illusion because of the defense in the NBA?

Ryan

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Ummm, you don't think LeBron James is a great basketball player and a superstar? It's an illusion because of the defense in the NBA?

Ryan

Add to that- if "there's no defense" then how come every player isn't "slicing and dicing" to the basket? Why is one person doing it that much better than the rest?

Members online