Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 DK non canvas: the ignored rare parallel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just was going through a dime box at a show and came upon one of these with Ted Williams.

And it's definitely not the first time I've found a non canvas in a cheap box.

The non canvas parallels look exactly like the base cards MINUS the canvas and have a stated print run of only 20 (not numbered).

Granted if you don't know about these you probably won't notice but that's what makes these even harder to find.

And yet they don't really sell despite being rarer than actually 20 made (more than likely due to not knowing about them) and being filled with legends.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Yes very hard to find. Most people do not know what to look for. I still need one Juan. I have the B/W card.

juan_picture.php

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The only one I have is likely a one of one because it came framed with the original art from one of the 2005 inserts, though the card is printed in the style of the base set.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
Also, back when DLP did the DK Challenge, some were mistakenly handed in with complete sets and stamped with the Challenge stamp.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I own as many 2005 DK plates in my PC as I do Non-Canvas (which would be a whole whopping one). Many collectors might not even know they exist, so if there's a cache of 2005 DK singles out there, I bet it is full of these.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The only 05 DK I lack for my Sizemore collection, never saw one offered anywhere. Surely some are out there in the hands of unknowing collectors.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This and 2005 Zenith Z-Gold parallels are the two rare parallels from that period that I think will be very coveted by player collectors in the future - and all but impossible to find.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here's mine to which I've had no bites so far on the bay 1467041303357.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I guess this thread kind of shows how unknown these are.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Like glossy?

The normal cards look like they are printed on canvas. The surface has a texture. When you hold these unannounced parallels at an angle, you will see that the surface is smooth. They look like the regular base cards in every other way. I hope this description helps. Like others have stated, most are mixed in commons boxes buried in a closet or included in someones hand collated set and the person has no idea it's a parallel. That's making them even harder to locate for player collectors.

Members online

Latest posts