Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'd prefer to own the Aaron, but I'll vote for the Clark as the better design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
FCB Tournament 4 - Bracket 1 Finalist open until 7/7 at 11PM ET Custom Tournament

I'll go Aaron as well. By this round I'm now docking The Thrill because, while the design is gorgeous and the foil effect awesome, the design itself is not original. It's an homage. Beautiful yes. Would I love a Dale Sveum? Yes. But it is not original and I deducted points for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'll go with the Aaron card only because of Aaron's Legendary status plus early autograph.
I like the Clark card, but the back of the card just kills it over all for me (not the custom creators fault). We haven't seen the back of the Aaron card so it remains a mystery.

Fordman

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
All - Sorry for the delay. I am traveling for the weekend to my nephew's wedding. Next bracket will be up on Monday.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
By my count, the Clark took it!

Here is the new bracket:

attachment.php

And we have Mr Met himself
attachment.php

Going up against "The Mad Dash"
attachment.php

Voting is open until 13-Jul at 11PM ET.

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 112
  • MrMet - Sized.jpg
    MrMet - Sized.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 108
  • George_Calfas - Sized.jpg
    George_Calfas - Sized.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 106

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I enjoy the quirkiness of the Breslove. "No Major League Experience Yet" made me laugh. But I have to go with the Slaughter. Great design. Autograph. Managed to fit the entire cut into the window without it looking chopped up. Great card.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Scott! Why have you not signed this yet?! :) You should sign on a penny sleeve if you don't want to mess anything up.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Scott! Why have you not signed this yet?! :) You should sign on a penny sleeve if you don't want to mess anything up.

Lol!
Ok guys, I had this card made when I started trying to collect an autograph from every Mets player ever and I thought, who wouldn't want to include themselves in that?! All the stats on the back are mine, birthday, born and resides, etc. my favorite number is 17, hence the card number...

Oh and it was made by our own, the legendary [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION]! Double awesome!! It was unsigned cuz I didn't know what color I wanted and was afraid of the permanence of it...but sign the pennysleeve?! Duh why didn't I think of that!
Here it is in all of its glory and crappy sig!
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1468252511.191203.jpg

Edit to add: oh yeah, and I vote for me too, lol

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
The Slaughter looks fantastic all-around - it gets my vote for this matchup.

However, very cool personal card, [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] - this is like taking the create-a-player from MLB video games to the next level.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Lol!
Ok guys, I had this card made when I started trying to collect an autograph from every Mets player ever and I thought, who wouldn't want to include themselves in that?! All the stats on the back are mine, birthday, born and resides, etc. my favorite number is 17, hence the card number...

Oh and it was made by our own, the legendary @mouschi! Double awesome!! It was unsigned cuz I didn't know what color I wanted and was afraid of the permanence of it...but sign the pennysleeve?! Duh why didn't I think of that!
View attachment 63389

While I stand by my vote, this is awesome. I created a rookie card of my son, but maybe I need to add my own signature to my Astros collection! If they do another iteration of this contest, I'll submit the card of my son.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Lol!

Oh and it was made by our own, the legendary @mouschi! Double awesome!! It was unsigned cuz I didn't know what color I wanted and was afraid of the permanence of it...but sign the pennysleeve?! Duh why didn't I think of that!
View attachment 63389

Much better - now you are ready for world domination!

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
The Slaughter gets my vote. Well-done all around: the action photo; the auto; the play-by-play quote on the back; etc. I always thought GC's avatar was of a Donruss Classics card or something like that.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I was going to vote for the Slaughter because it's a nicely executed card, but then I caught the grammatical error on it and that drives me crazy, because it's the only thing I see on the card from there on out. So I'll cast my vote for mrmet.

Members online

Latest posts