Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
This tournament is for custom cards. The cards can be those that you own or those that you created for someone else (as long as the owner did not also submit the card). The cards can be from any sport, entertainment, personal interest, etc. All voting will be done in the thread.

As a reminder, the rules for all tournaments are posted here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...nd-Information

Because of the strong interest in this tournament, we are doing this one as a "mega" 16+ card tournament.

Current Bracket

Bracket - New.jpg

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
In order to pair mouschi against himself, I ran 3 randoms. Here is the first:

Random 1.JPG

I know I cut the screen off, but I ran it 3 times as always.

Here is the second:

random 2.JPG

This one was to see which of his cards will be paired to which. Apparently I wasted my time and could have just taken the original list!

Finally, to see which bracket mouschi will get, here is the third:

random 3.JPG

So, he will get the third bracket.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
After looking at this, I'm embarrassed I have my name up there 4 times. I guess I didn't fully understand how all this worked :) Could I just have 1 entry? (Or if it throws things off and is better that I'm just a spectator, I'd be happy to do that instead!)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK all...here we go, and we are starting off with a bang! 2 beautiful Hall of Famers.

We have a Hammering Hank

attachment.php

And a The Silver Fox himself

attachment.php

Voting is open until June 29 at 11PM ET.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
After looking at this, I'm embarrassed I have my name up there 4 times. I guess I didn't fully understand how all this worked :) Could I just have 1 entry? (Or if it throws things off and is better that I'm just a spectator, I'd be happy to do that instead!)

I hope I am speaking for most here...we WANT to see your cards. They represent your passion and are pretty damn nice. I will run another round in the future for those who did not get in this time. But, I do also appreciate your humility. I think it is all good.

[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] That being said, if you want to drop 2, I can slot in Pinbreaker and WoundedDuck. Just let me know.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
After thinking about mouschi's comments above, I would like to make a change to the bracket that will allow everyone who submitted for this tournament to participate in this round. I know voting is open for round 1, but this does not impact that and, remember rule #1 , we are doing this for fun.

Anyway, here is my proposed new bracket:

attachment.php

With this change we all get to see mouschi's 4 cards and everyone is in the running.

If this gives anyone serious heartburn, send me a PM and we can talk about it.

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 402

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
As I mentioned in my pm, I don't want to take up all the oxygen in the room here, but I think you have done a great job coming up with a solution here, so that way I'm ultimately battling myself and not taking any spots for anyone else.

EDIT: It looks like your 3rd post with pics of customs have broken pic links!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Re-post of the pics for Round 1. Please let me know if there are continued issues seeing these:

Hammering Hank

attachment.php

Versus

The Silver Fox

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ashburn Alley - sized.jpg
    Ashburn Alley - sized.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Lancemountain - Sized.jpg
    Lancemountain - Sized.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 409

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Both Customs are fantastic.

Hank Aaron: Nice simple design that works. The auto in the cut window seems to be an early HA auto which is a good thing. The only negative is the lines from the index card with the autograph. Seems to be a lot of HOF player signed autos on index cards in the 80's & 90's and for some reason, signed on the lined side (fault of promoter). No pic of the backside to compare with the competitor.

Duke Snider: Nice clean design going with a vintage feel. Love the Brooklyn stadium background and the younger photo of Snider. The cut auto is just slightly too long for the cut window but doesnt take away from the whole front side eye appeal. The back gives a nice brief detail about his early career. Only wish there was a separate photo used on the back of him batting.

Hard to decide: One player is legendary the other is just a great player. Both deserve their HOF status.

Im going the the Aaron only because of his legendary status withing MLB. The Snider card is more eye appealing overall but the early Hank auto stands tall over the Snider.

Aaron it is for me!

Fordman

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
After thinking about mouschi's comments above, I would like to make a change to the bracket that will allow everyone who submitted for this tournament to participate in this round. I know voting is open for round 1, but this does not impact that and, remember rule #1 , we are doing this for fun.

Anyway, here is my proposed new bracket:

With this change we all get to see mouschi's 4 cards and everyone is in the running.

If this gives anyone serious heartburn, send me a PM and we can talk about it.

I like your approach here, and agree with your prior note about the group being happy to see as many of mouschi's (or really, anyone else's) creations as possible.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
These two customs are so unique and flat out cool - I look forward to seeing the others throughout the next few tournaments.

I vote for the Snider due to the card having more details (i.e., "insert" name, nickname, background, etc.). While I like the simplicity of the Aaron, the Snider's added elements wins it for me.

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
This is a tough one for me, both cards stand out. They are both well done. My vote is for duke though. Simply because I like how his auto paper is solid white and doesnt have the paper lines going through it

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I love both. Both have pictures from times gone by. It is miniscule part of the end of Snider running off the cut. It doesn't knock the card at all, as it's simply stunning, but the Aaron wins it.

As a side note, I'd love to see the back of the Aaron, just to have it to compare to the Snider, but my vote still remains Aaron.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Re-post of the pics for Round 1. Please let me know if there are continued issues seeing these:

Hammering Hank

Versus

The Silver Fox

Both look very nice, but I'd have to vote for Mr. Silver Fox. I like the visual design a bit more, plus the stats & info on the back are very well done. I'd be happy to have something similar for the guys I collect!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Wow nice customs and I am about 50/50 for both of them as I like them equally. I will default to the Hank Aaron, only because I like the color combination better. I highly like the Snider as it is a great looking card, and the stats on the back are great too but my eyes tell my gut to choose the Hammerin' Hank.

Members online

Latest posts