Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Here are my thoughts on the two:

DiMaggio - I cannot tell if it is because of the scan, but it seems like the pictures are not entirely clear. It is hard to say without having it in hand. I guess in a way, it does go with the theme of an old-time player to have the tattered look, so that is cool! The autograph is clean, and it is authenticated, so that is neat also.

Steinbrenner - I think the design is crisp and like the information that is on it as well. I'm not too big a fan of stadium seat cards, (whenever I see one, I always hope it is a game used bat and am let down when I find out otherwise) but since Steinbrenner never played and it is a custom, I think it works well.

It is close for me, but I'm going Boss. Great job to both the people that created these - they look nice!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I didn't make it but I'm going with the card I own. Here are the pieces it's made from in case anyone is curious.

I felt like stadium seats would be best since Steinbrenner wasn't swinging the bat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I didn't make it but I'm going with the card I own. Here are the pieces it's made from in case anyone is curious.

I felt like stadium seats would be best since Steinbrenner wasn't swinging the bat.

Thanks for posting! I love seeing where the pieces came from.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The Boss. Even though 100% of non-Yankee fans hated him, that card is beyond epic.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK, here is the latest bracket:

attachment.php

Two Yankee legends head to head here...

The Joe D book

attachment.php

up against the Boss

attachment.php

Voting is open until 7-Aug at 11 PM ET.

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 97
  • mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 90
  • WoundedDuck - Sized.jpg
    WoundedDuck - Sized.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 92

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
As always I'm a day late and dollar short! Fantasic idea for a custom card showoff.

Going with Tanner's Joe D, but incredible job by all.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
If self votes count I'm going with the Boss. Tough card to run up against in the second round though.

Members online

Latest posts