Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just a lil' background of the Clark. In the 90's thread there had been some posting of Gold Label cards, and I have always thought they were great looking cards. Kevin [MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION] had posted one of his Bernie's and I had respond with something like "Very nice addition, I always wished Will Clark was in that set" or something to that effect. Then a few weeks later a package shows up at my house with the Gold Label Clark. Kevin had reached out to Tanner [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] and had him create one for me and sent it to me as a gift. So big shout out to Kev for gifting me one of my favorite cards in my collection.

Ryan

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Just a lil' background of the Clark. In the 90's thread there had been some posting of Gold Label cards, and I have always thought they were great looking cards. Kevin @joey12508 had posted one of his Bernie's and I had respond with something like "Very nice addition, I always wished Will Clark was in that set" or something to that effect. Then a few weeks later a package shows up at my house with the Gold Label Clark. Kevin had reached out to Tanner @mouschi and had him create one for me and sent it to me as a gift. So big shout out to Kev for gifting me one of my favorite cards in my collection.

Ryan
[MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION] for the win, for sure! He was truly generous in doing this. So glad people like him are in our hobby!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
God this is tough. I'll love both of these. I'm going with Clark simply because the foil factor which you just don't see outside of Tanner's work and it's a homage to one of the nicest sets ever produced. As a father I can certainly appreciate the other as well but I'm also kind of assuming it's going to be unique in its subject matter within this tournament and will award it the fan favorite vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hi All!

I created the card after my son did so well on his first year of kid pitch baseball in recreational league play. He was invited to move up and play for a select team (SWOL League) for a fall league and then again every since. Here on FCB, member [MENTION=3228]Razor[/MENTION]Z had a contest for those of us who can photoshop to design him a new Canseco card http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/130152-DESIGN-A-CUSTOM-CANSECO-CARD-WIN-I-WILL-BUILD-YOU-A-CUSTOM-CARD-DESIGN-OF-YOUR-CHOICE!?highlight=canseco+contest because the major mfg's wasn't producing any at the time. I entered the contest and won. I mirrored the card of my son with the Canseco contest winner.

The jersey piece is from a game used jersey (not of my son's) but from a kid who wore it twice on the field. The dad of the kid pulled it off his son's body after the second game. Threw it at the head coach and said he's never playing again. The kid hit the ball hard, was safe at third with a stand up triple. The dad got mad because the third base coach didn't wave him in for the home run. The ball was in the catchers mit by the time the runner made it to third, reasonable reason to hold him at third. The dad said his kid could have made a run for it at home and slid under the tag. The coaches didn't want to risk the out because we were down by 3-4 runs. We had 2 really good hitters coming up next to hit his kid in. The next batter hit him in, the dad grabbed his jersey, threw it at the head coach said his kid will never play again. So far, I haven't ever seen the kid on another ball field but who knows. Hopefully the kid has gotten to play somewhere and hopefully his dad comes down to earth. Either way, I used that jersey for the swatch.

I don't want members to vote for my son's card because he's a kid. I'd rather they vote for design, eye appeal & content.

I like the Will Clark card because of the front. The backs were a whole lot lacking in design and they let the collector down. The fronts are great with design and eye appeal.

If this wasn't my son's card, I'd vote for it based on design, eye appeal and the content.

I will vote for the Clark card because I feel voting for myself wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Great Contest and I love seeing the cutom card made by the people who collect.

Fordman

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Hi All!

I created the card after my son did so well on his first year of kid pitch baseball in recreational league play. He was invited to move up and play for a select team (SWOL League) for a fall league and then again every since. Here on FCB, member @RazorZ had a contest for those of us who can photoshop to design him a new Canseco card http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...IGN-OF-YOUR-CHOICE!?highlight=canseco+contest because the major mfg's wasn't producing any at the time. I entered the contest and won. I mirrored the card of my son with the Canseco contest winner.

The jersey piece is from a game used jersey (not of my son's) but from a kid who wore it twice on the field. The dad of the kid pulled it off his son's body after the second game. Threw it at the head coach and said he's never playing again. The kid hit the ball hard, was safe at third with a stand up triple. The dad got mad because the third base coach didn't wave him in for the home run. The ball was in the catchers mit by the time the runner made it to third, reasonable reason to hold him at third. The dad said his kid could have made a run for it at home and slid under the tag. The coaches didn't want to risk the out because we were down by 3-4 runs. We had 2 really good hitters coming up next to hit his kid in. The next batter hit him in, the dad grabbed his jersey, threw it at the head coach said his kid will never play again. So far, I haven't ever seen the kid on another ball field but who knows. Hopefully the kid has gotten to play somewhere and hopefully his dad comes down to earth. Either way, I used that jersey for the swatch.

I don't want members to vote for my son's card because he's a kid. I'd rather they vote for design, eye appeal & content.

I like the Will Clark card because of the front. The backs were a whole lot lacking in design and they let the collector down. The fronts are great with design and eye appeal.

If this wasn't my son's card, I'd vote for it based on design, eye appeal and the content.

I will vote for the Clark card because I feel voting for myself wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Great Contest and I love seeing the cutom card made by the people who collect.

Fordman

Love the backstory, thanks for writing it up! I do remember the design you had come up with. It was before my time, but I remember thinking to myself it was very nice & clean. You did a great job on it!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
This is a tough matchup. Can't really go wrong with either card. I love the Will Clark card, but the sentimentality of the Padgett makes it a tough choice. In the end I'll vote for the Padgett. The originality and watermarked Dawg logo on the back are the details that put it over the top for me.

Looking forward to seeing all the submissions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
As much as I love the Clark, I've got a daughter in T-Ball ... gotta go with Ben.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Both cards are great examples of factors I like about customs: one being a 'what if my guy was in that set?' and the other puts a personal touch on the hobby.

As a 90's insert guy, my vote is for the Clark. A beautiful card inspired by a beautiful set.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
If keeping with the change I proposed to how we reveal the cards, the next match up will be the one that chooses the final 4 qualifier from this bracket.

attachment.php

That being said, we have

the Aaron cut
attachment.php

the Clark "Card that Never Was"
attachment.php

Voting open until 11PM on 7-Jul

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Ashburn Alley - sized.jpg
    Ashburn Alley - sized.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 140
  • rstadlerASU22 - Sized.jpg
    rstadlerASU22 - Sized.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 142

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Both are awesome, really: The Aaron cut looks great and is a very nice piece to own. I'll have to vote for the Clark as well as its more unique and is more of a "card" then a (awesome) auto simply framed.

Members online

Latest posts