Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Sorry if this has already been posted ... I'm slow. So, through my eBay searches, now they have the COMC stuff crossing over on the listings ... is anyone else frustrated by this or am I the only one pissed with sifting through this ? (Yes, I know there is a feature to eliminate auctions from certain sellers ... I am aware of this ... )

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
What, you don't love sifting through overpriced garbage?

I do that with most of my PC's hourly, I don't need 200+ items that aren't priced within anyone's reason cluttering up the feed ... bleh.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They have 500,000 listings and 3 sales.
I mean from their standpoint it's great for marketing ect. Even from their consignors , it may send someone there to offer on their item.

Ryan

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
super annoying, the only saving grace is their little 3 character code at the end of each title, makes it easy to realize what it is so I can ignore it quicker.

I do think that it is probably a good thing for the hobby; gets more people on their site, more people submitting mid-range cards they're too lazy to auction, and so on.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Search within listing, -comc; or, hide listings from their username. So much for being an alternative to eBay as originally marketed.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
If I wanted the same crappy prices as the stale COMC cards, I'd go there. I love to buy on COMC when the prices are reasonable, but that's harder and harder to find.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
The shipping is the key.....on comc...you can buy from 10 different sellers...and the cost for shipping is only one low price!! Best regards, David

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I just today seen two cards from them on eBay I needed. Went to comc picked them up for lower shipping than they had on eBay. Kinda weird but saved some bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sorry if this has already been posted ... I'm slow. So, through my eBay searches, now they have the COMC stuff crossing over on the listings ... is anyone else frustrated by this or am I the only one pissed with sifting through this ? (Yes, I know there is a feature to eliminate auctions from certain sellers ... I am aware of this ... )

Extremely annoying. I guess I have to change all my saved searches now to exclude COMC.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Plugging up ebay with their sellers unsold and overpriced crap? Why yes it does bother me. That sight is quickly losing me as a customer. I buy from them less and less as the months pass.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Definitely agree with the posts so far. I understand why comc is now selling on ebay, and I was running that business I might do the same. But the bottom line is that if you know about comc, why would you buy from them on ebay? The shipping is higher and there's no "make offer" option, so why? It makes me wonder if they eventually plan to phase out the comc.com website and deal solely through ebay...

On the plus side, this finally made me create a custom ebay search with certain sellers excluded - including comc and of course vintagesnowmobiles. I followed the directions in BunchOBull's post then bookmarked the resulting URL and voila, an instant search with exactly what I am looking for!

I'll still search comc.com as usual, and once I get past all those stale overpriced cards (some of which have been there for YEARS), I know I'll occasionally find something I need that is reasonable.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
The search described earlier which excludes COMC on eBay seems to work really well on a desktop, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that pulling that up from my followed searches within the iPhone eBay app has the same effect. COMC stuff still shows up.

COMC certainly has its fair share of stale and overpriced stuff, but it's not like eBay is always much better. Nothing like seeing the same overpriced junk wax cards on eBay re-listed every 30 days.

I'm still glad to have COMC for the fact that the cards are actually scanned and you get the front and back, which is great for finding the minor variations, as well as the opportunity to stockpile purchases and save on the shipping cost. I don't personally understand the COMC on eBay move, but I'm sure the financials must add up from COMC's perspective. It certainly is a nuisance though.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
So I understand from the directions above how to exclude the COMC auctions from my searches, but is there a way to exclude them from your feed? I have so many searches set up to appear in my feed that I very rarely ever manually run a search. My feed is overrun with COMC crap right now.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good points. Ebay is definitely clogged with junk as it is. And comc does deserve credit for the front/back scans. I have also gotten a lot of minor variations from that site, and also there is never any question about exactly what card you're buying.

The search described earlier which excludes COMC on eBay seems to work really well on a desktop, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that pulling that up from my followed searches within the iPhone eBay app has the same effect. COMC stuff still shows up.

COMC certainly has its fair share of stale and overpriced stuff, but it's not like eBay is always much better. Nothing like seeing the same overpriced junk wax cards on eBay re-listed every 30 days.

I'm still glad to have COMC for the fact that the cards are actually scanned and you get the front and back, which is great for finding the minor variations, as well as the opportunity to stockpile purchases and save on the shipping cost. I don't personally understand the COMC on eBay move, but I'm sure the financials must add up from COMC's perspective. It certainly is a nuisance though.

Members online

Latest posts