Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I met Jimmy Hart today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm in Daytona Beach for the week, and went to a shopping mall today. I was wearing a white sleeveless nWo shirt, and some employee in one of the stores asked me if I was a big wrestling fan. I said I was, and he said Jimmy Hart was walking around the mall right now, and that he had just opened up a bar and grill on the beach. I had seen a while back that Hart was opening a place, I just figured it was going to be in Clearwater near Hogan's Beach Shop, but nope. I knew exactly where his place was, because the guy said it was right next to a place we went the last time we were down here. So after we left the mall we messed around for a few more hours and then headed to his place.

When we walked in he was literally standing right there, I said "Hey, it's Jimmy Hart." and he walked right up to us, shook my hand, introduced himself and immediately started showing us around. There were tons of pictures and memorabilia of his entire entertainment career hanging on the walls, from The Gentry's to his WWF days. He had all kinds of Gentry's vinyl records in a bunch of different languages. He had the WWF Piledriver framed on vinyl. Tons of autographed pictures and chairs from various PPV's, belts, megaphones, and whatnot.

He told us they had RAW and SmackDown viewing parties every week. I wish I had known about that earlier in the week because I would have been there for sure, because his place wasn't too far from our condo.

He had a picture of himself with KISS, and I told him my daughter's name was Frehley and he thought it was really cool.

It was an awesome experience, and he seemed like a genuinely nice person who was very happy we were there. My wife and I both had a beer, while we walked around looking at everything, and he talked to us the entire time.

It's attached to a hotel, and when I went into the lobby to get a bar parking pass, they had a US title hanging above the Men's Room, and a Diva's title hanging above the Ladies Room. Cool stuff.

I had my wife take our picture in front of the photo of him with KISS.

Picture didn't turn out great, but it was still a great experience. He even said after we took it to make sure it came out alright because he wants to be sure we had a good one. I didn't want to impose, so I didn't even look at the picture until after we left.

The only bummer was he didn't have any shirts for sale. He said he sold his last one the day before and was waiting on another shipment. I was going to buy a few too.

My daughter wasn't impressed.

13569041_10157102015360082_3335299421734951479_o.jpg

Jul 22, 2016
That's really cool. I saw him back in the late 80s early 90s on Melrose in Hollywood. He was hanging out with Greg the Hammer looking around the shops. I thought he was going to be a small guy but he's not, he just looks like that because he's next to huge guys.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts