Above is to blow out where the long email is posted

DTA

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not technically advanced but it took two months to notify the buyers? Did they fear the sales would drop during the cubs world series run? They had to make a killing

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people might've wanted an email on October 13, but what would it say? "Hey, bro, we got hacked and we don't know how or what info was stolen or how extensive the intrusion was or how to fix it or how we're going to handle your understandable anger and confusion, but we're on it." No, hacking can take a while to figure out and fix. Good hackers cover their tracks in ways that avoid anything but a deliberate, thorough analysis by skilled technicians, if at all, and creating a fix can be difficult, depending on the exploit. You don't tell people you know you have a problem until the problem is fixed. In this case, it includes dealing with the PR aspect, lining up the credit monitoring service, etc.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given how much larger INTERNET companies have taken to issue statements on much larger breaches (coughYahoocough), Topps is doing very good to detect the breach and release a statement in a mere two months.

Now I'm curious if they'll release anymore information if they find out the source/cause of the breach.