User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Factoria Mall Show tomorrow Bellevue WA

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Factoria Mall Show tomorrow Bellevue WA

    Setting up this weekend and more than likely next weekend in Portland for some extra National cash.

    Come check it out if you are around

  2. #2
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,948
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unrelated except I think this show was also at the Totem Lake Mall at times in the past. I just started a new job and drove by Totem Lake for the first time in a while. It is gone! The entire mall is leveled. Not surprising in itself given how poorly it has performed in recent years, just shocked not to see it there.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gwynn545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Seattle
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Unrelated except I think this show was also at the Totem Lake Mall at times in the past. I just started a new job and drove by Totem Lake for the first time in a while. It is gone! The entire mall is leveled. Not surprising in itself given how poorly it has performed in recent years, just shocked not to see it there.
    They actually have some huge plans for that area! May soon be "the place to be"! I heard that it was a legal issue (previous owners) is why it has been so stagnant for the past decade, but it sounds like they are beginning a 1,000,000 square foot extravaganza! The only thing I heard of for sure was a huge theater, so I am curious on what else will be there!

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lived here since 2010 and there has been one show up there. All the dealers hated it and it didn't happen again. Maybe in the future though

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention JSA is supposed to be at this show authenticating autographs according to the email

  6. #6
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,948
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess my perspective is a bit older. I moved to Bothell/Woodinville from Kitsap County in 1998 and that is when I would have been going to the Totem Lake shows. I hit that one numerous times, Factoria only once or twice when the shops were also still open in that area (Lou's across from the Mall) so not sure when they stopped having shows there, but I probably stopped in the early to mid 2000s. I remember the last couple times, the mall was just dead quiet except for the card collectors and the Old Country Buffet lines out the door.

    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorsCorner View Post
    I've lived here since 2010 and there has been one show up there. All the dealers hated it and it didn't happen again. Maybe in the future though

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mall is pretty active now I think. Few good stores in there and it was a Pokemon hot spot all day

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    30,930
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd you make out this weekend Sir?

    Did you have any Poke-crap to sell? Did it help with floor traffic?
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    495
     MadHandle11
     vivalavidro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of sad on a personal level to the see the Totem Lake mall go. I used to go there with my grandparents and eat at the Old Country Buffet. Loved when it happened to fall on the same day as the card show.
    Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Michael Saunders, Spokane Indians
    Photobucket: https://s1111.photobucket.com/home/MadHandle11/index
    My Blog: https://vivalavidro.wordpress.com/


  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    How'd you make out this weekend Sir?

    Did you have any Poke-crap to sell? Did it help with floor traffic?
    Same as always but I am pinching pennies for the National so I decided to set up.

    My friend did get his Babe Ruth ball authenticated by JSA though so I would say it was a good show. Especially for him

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UW Huskies
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorsCorner View Post
    Same as always but I am pinching pennies for the National so I decided to set up.

    My friend did get his Babe Ruth ball authenticated by JSA though so I would say it was a good show. Especially for him
    This is true haha
    Washington's Sensational Soph's


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    5,529
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come everyone loves Old Country Buffet? I worked there for a few months as a second
    job in the late 90's. The ONLY and I mean ONLY good thing there was the teriyaki wings.
    Everything else was terrible. I now work in a food warehouse so I know which places to avoid.
    Some places buy powdered eggs and instant hashbrowns. nasty
    https://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/craiger12/
    I collect Musial/Gibson /Ozzie and current Cardinals AUTOS ONLY

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the taco bar at OCB. Throw in some waffle fries with the chips. But they keep raising the price and the food keeps getting worse overall

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    30,930
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger122003 View Post
    How come everyone loves Old Country Buffet? I worked there for a few months as a second
    job in the late 90's. The ONLY and I mean ONLY good thing there was the teriyaki wings.
    Everything else was terrible. I now work in a food warehouse so I know which places to avoid.
    Some places buy powdered eggs and instant hashbrowns. nasty
    Huh? Did I miss something? How is this tied in to this thread? Need me to move it?
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  15. #15
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30,779
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Huh? Did I miss something? How is this tied in to this thread? Need me to move it?
    Read the thread bud we have been talking about OCB in the old mall the whole time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •