User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is happening with COMC? Anyone have a good contact there?

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over two weeks to get a $50.00 plus order here . needed it last Friday = lost sales on my end . I didn't make offers I took their listed price .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    The crappy part is they seem to be giving shipping priority to eBay sales. I don't blame them necessarily since they can actually feel repercussions there if they don't but it's kind of a slap in the face to loyal customers
    Well, the eBay (as well as Amazon) users are paying extra for shipping, so they're getting bumped to the front of the queue...if you want your cards sooner, you can pay for the expedited shipping service - as users have been told they can do by their customer service team. Management is pretty aware that they can push the "COMC Nation" because the loyal users really aren't going anywhere soon, regardless of how much they complain about the service. So, eBay and Amazon can get the preferential treatment and everyone else can just wait.
    You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
    Moe - @DJCHairmanMoe

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa. That's a pretty terrible way to treat loyal customers.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
    Well, the eBay (as well as Amazon) users are paying extra for shipping, so they're getting bumped to the front of the queue...
    Shipping charges should be the same now with the recent COMC.com shipping fee hike.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customers are only loyal to a point. I would guess that as long as you can buy from a variety of sellers and get your package shipped for $3-4, then that is a huge win over a lot of other places. I'm sure most of us are tired of the 1-2 cards and $3-4 s/h per seller choices on ebay. I try to find other items from ebay sellers, but in the end I usually just end up buying more items I would not necessarily have purchased otherwise. That is a huge win for the seller, but not so much for me. As long as the prices of items you buy stay reasonable on COMC (and that is starting to become a challenge), then the shipping speed can be factored in. I personally don't need the cards fast as they are simply to add to my collection and not for resale, it is just an expectation that was set over my last5 years & 10+ orders from them. If I know that it will take 2 weeks, then I will plan for that.

That said, even loyal users change under the right circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
    Management is pretty aware that they can push the "COMC Nation" because the loyal users really aren't going anywhere soon, regardless of how much they complain about the service. So, eBay and Amazon can get the preferential treatment and everyone else can just wait.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does anyone have a contact person at COMC? A direct line/email to critical thinking human being?
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    So does anyone have a contact person at COMC? A direct line/email to critical thinking human being?

Not anymore, they let Moe go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally I use the email below and get replies fairly quickly.

Nathan Richards has been helpful in the past = not sure if he's still there= was as recent as March and solved an order issue I had very quickly. I know their customer service team is small so it takes a few days on emails during peak times

staff@comc.com

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwidow View Post
    Generally I use the email below and get replies fairly quickly.

Nathan Richards has been helpful in the past = not sure if he's still there= was as recent as March and solved an order issue I had very quickly. I know their customer service team is small so it takes a few days on emails during peak times

staff@comc.com
    I had previously corresponded with Nathan some time ago and recently sent him an email to no reply.

The problem I am dealing with is the result of using the generic staff@ email. I reached a dim bulb of a service rep who provided zero help and has vanished despite my follow up attempts. Now I have nearly 400 items that have been on hold for 5 months, sitting in limbo for no good reason and all I need is someone with half a brain to see them (and my email on them) and get them posted on the site.

----

FYI (for those interested): the issue boils down to: comc rep unfamiliar with cards I submitted tells me "we don't take these cards/they have no value as expired game/redemption cards" and I find numerous examples of the EXACT SAME and similar issues in both current and sold out listings on COMC. Rep tells me "tough ****, we said no" - the items in question are 80s and 90s Topps game/promo/offer cards. Many master set collectord consider them a requirement for their sets. Many variations exist on them, many of which are quite rare.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it'd be funny if you try ceo@comc.com and got a helpful response!

I know many companies have a ceo@ address that seems to go to the CEO's assistants or secretary that can be more helpful in getting a resolution if customer service contacts don't work.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COMC is sliding into irrelevance, and better do something quick to stop. They've become a listing service for garbage, and I'd bet that the majority of their sales aren't to customers but to other sellers. On the off chance something is listed at a reasonable price, one of the larger sellerswill jump in and grab I to relist at some exorbitant price. You can tell when this happens, as you'll see several cards from a set listed by one seller at a few bucks each, then the Vizquel, Thome or Galarraga will be owned by someone else at 20X the price. Hey, they make their money on the listing fees, they don't care who actually buys the cards! Go ahead, send in a 5K box of 1990 commons and list them for $3 a pop! Go ahead, Joel****show, list every common for $50! Go ahead, huge volume seller, have cards listed incorrectly as higher priced items, we won't change them even if asked to fix an obvious mistake (this has happened)!
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/21/18): 1. Glaus: 2096 - 2. Rolen: 1686 - 3. Thome: 1638 - 4. Helton: 1521 - 5. Garciaparra: 1461 - 6. L. Walker: 1317 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1311 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1307 - 9. Edmonds: 1090 10. Biggio: 1072 - 11. A. Beltre: 1052

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    Go ahead, send in a 5K box of 1990 commons and list them for $3 a pop! Go ahead, Joel****show, list every common for $50!)!
    I made this exact point: nearly every copy of the items I am being told "have never been sold by comc" are sold out (and there exists a void in the market for them as individual cards and COMC stands to be the lone source for them), yet I am told they "are expired promo/game/redemption cards and therefore have no value" meanwhile, they are happy to add the 398th copy of 1989 upper deck common!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12