Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some guidance/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klktbear

Aug 7, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Guys, I'm looking to move my entire collection because I have decided to move in another direction with my collecting. Other than my PC stuff (Saints,Bengals and Reds) and my non sports cards I need to move out all at once. Over 40,000 cards. I've decided to dive into memorabilia sports ams non sports instead of cards.This is still early in the thought process and need some help from anyone who has done this or knows someone who did. Any ideas. Id like to avoid consignment due to fees and all that if possible.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Do you want max money or max convenience? That's always the tradeoff. If your collection is more than base stuff, you'd surely be able to find a dealer or lot breaker to take it, but they'd probably off you dimes on the dollar for it. First task would be to write down what all you have in a spreadsheet for people to be able to sift and sort.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm going through the same thing. I've got about 95,000 or so. About 90,000 base from my general collecting days with the rest being auto's/gu stuff. I've got a 2-3 year plan on liquidating it. I just started within the last few months. Have threads of lower-end stuff right now on multiple forums and then low-mid end stuff on ebay with their free monthly allotment of listings with a few high-end mixed in so when that sells, I actually see that I'm getting money out of it instead of nickel and diming right now. I'm trying to capitalize on $ though, so I can afford to take it slow at the moment and see what happens. Haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all the base stuff though. That'll almost have to be sold locally I think, just due to the sheer volume.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Guys, I'm looking to move my entire collection because I have decided to move in another direction with my collecting. Other than my PC stuff (Saints,Bengals and Reds) and my non sports cards I need to move out all at once. Over 40,000 cards. I've decided to dive into memorabilia sports ams non sports instead of cards.This is still early in the thought process and need some help from anyone who has done this or knows someone who did. Any ideas. Id like to avoid consignment due to fees and all that if possible.

Since you're in Cincinnati, there is a monthly show in Sharonville at the Clarion hotel where there are at least 3 dealers that buy bulk. They almost don't care what you have as long as it's in bulk. If your looking to profit off of it or break even, you're probably TSOL. Don't get your hopes up too high for big $$$ unless you have big $$$ cards. You can advertise on craigslist with what you have and see if you have any bitters there. I would take the advice previously given about making a list of what you have vs guessing what you have when your face to face with a dealer.

Fordman

klktbear

Aug 7, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
I have about 90% listed on the beckett organize feature. So I can pull up that at any time. I'm not expecting book value by any means but don't want to go too low either. Like I said very early on in this process trying to get ideas before I finalize my decision.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Best thing to do is sort it by stuff that has a chance to sell and by base. Sell the autos and gu and any decent inserts on eBay or through the forums. Next, take what didn't sell and all the base and try team lots. Take what's left of that that does not sell and try player lots(popular guys like Jeter and Ripken). Believe it or not, you'll actually be able to sell those. Whatever is left, take to a dealer locally and get what you can.

Now, you didn't specify if your base were complete sets but if they were, you might just move them as sets. Just a thought.

Members online