Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Beltran Traded to the Rangers For Dillon Tate/Eric Swanson/Nick Green

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Basically a lotto ticket for Yanks. His fastball has dipped into high 80s per Law and has been terrible so far in A ball. As for TEX you got 2 months of Beltran for the 4th pick in 2015.

Another top 100 prospect for the Yankees...

I don't think he is a top 100 guy atm. Before the year he was but not now.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Shocked. Tate hasn't proven anything good to this point in MiLB.

Has been bothered with leg issues, sapping his velo. If he's healthy he could return to the guy the Rangers first drafted.

Not to mention there are supposedly two more prospects headed to NY in this deal. Cashman killed it.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I hope this doesn't backfire for the Rangers. Beltran's having an excellent year. Maybe he'll give Texas a boost like when he was traded to Houston in 2004.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I hope this doesn't backfire for the Rangers. Beltran's having an excellent year. Maybe he'll give Texas a boost like when he was traded to Houston in 2004.

Beltran still gets booed whenever he plays in Houston. It is so weird to hear fans react that way for over a decade over a player with the character of Beltran. :-?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I don't think he is a top 100 guy atm. Before the year he was but not now.

Despite the bad season I still think his projection is high enough for him to remain at the bottom end of the top 100. The drop in velocity is definitely troubling but it could be related to his recent leg issues. Then again, he could just end up being a bust. It's impossible to know with prospects.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I was lucky to get to talk to Dillon Tate before or after games and seems more mature to due several years in college .
He has given up some HR's but throwing near 100 mph .

Members online

Latest posts