Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 Skybox Baseball RETRO Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
Saw this box at the National and knew it was dying to be opened to hopefully drop a Star Ruby Extreme.....

Set Info Here => http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2000_Skybox

Beat the odds for sure, but it's a lottery with player quality since there are definitely some weak players in this set. All things considered (including the cost of the box, I think I did fine, and it was a fun break).

Everything is available if anybody needs it. Also, I separated out the "all star / future HOF" base and will send along for the cost of shipping to anybody who is interested. Otherwise, the base will go into the trash.

24 Pack Box
Horizontal Prospects (Blue Foil) (1:8): Julio Ramirez, Chad Green, Mark Quinn
Horizontal Prospects Dual (Blue Foil) (1:12): Aaron myette / Doug Davis, Kyle Peterson / Jimmy Anderson
Star Ruby (Red Foil) (1:12): Brady Anderson, Jeffrey Hammonds
Star Ruby Extreme (#/50) (?): Ken Caminiti (not the best player for my chase card, but it could have been much worse)
e-Ticket (?): Mike Piazza, Randy Johnson, Vladimir Guerrero, Chipper Jones, Tony Gwynn
Speed Merchants (1:8): Nomar Garciaparra, Sammy Sosa, Randy Johnson (not quite sure why the Big Unit is considered a speed merchant)
Skylines (1:11): Nomar Garciaparra, Sammy Sosa, Mike Piazza (these are nicely done cards - like the foil city skylines)
Technique (1:11): Mark McGwire
Preeminence (1:24): Derek Jeter
Higher Level (1:24): Ken Griffey Jr.
Genuine Coverage (1:144): Matt Williams Game Used Jersey <= Beat the odds - too bad it wasn't Ripken, but I'll take it

Let me know if anybody needs anything.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
How much did the box cost? I've been looking at 1999/2000 Skybox brand boxes on ebay for a while but I'm not willing to go over $30. I was always interested how those inserts appear in hand.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
The Star Ruby Extreme looks pretty sweet in hand. I've had a few of them pass through my collection. Box was reasonable and definitely under $30 which is why I snagged it. They are getting much harder to come by.

Members online

Latest posts