Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tebow signs with Mets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Since it's pretty much a given Topps will make him a BC auto in his Mets jersey at some point, what do you think his base autos will fetch out of the gate?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I don't know why someone so average or below average gets so much press. He's everywhere on opening day of the NFL season.

He didn't look impressive in the video I saw of him hitting and throwing from right field. Of course I guess they're probably just looking at overall arm strength, athleticism, and bat speed at this point.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Knowing the Wilpon's track record I think this is purely for the money - they're not going to make a killing obviously but the publicity and bonus revenue this will give them I would assume is larger than the minor league deal they signed him to. If this was in the majors I'd be pissed as a Mets fan but the minors need all the publicity they can get.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
If he is half as good at baseball that he was at football, ah hmmmmm never mind.

Last edited:

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
It reminds me of when MJ decided to play baseball...except on a much...much lower level (I can't believe I just said his name in the same sentence with MJ). People will come see him play not because he has a shot, but because he's Tim Tebow and what he represents to them. His semi-celebrity status will, at worst case, sell some extra seats. I guess after this fails he can always go out to LA and try to land some TV roles or something.

Latest posts