User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Very Mouschi Contest

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    - A character (you, family member, baseball player, actor, etc.) you would like a custom of, and why.
    Hannible Smith; you can always find the A-Team in a group of four. There are three guys that I have been to hell and back with and we indeed fit the mold. In fact one now is a helicopter pilot, one is a fomer football player, another always wears nice shoes, and there is myself.
    - Something about you that very few people know.
    I more than doubled my high school GPA when I went to college. I departed for the Army at the age of 17 and my first day as a free man was my 32nd Birthday. I saw college as a job, gaining a BA in both Math and Anthropology in two years, a Master's in 2 years and defended my PhD 2 1/2 years later.
    - Someone you would nominate to be picked, and why
    I thought long and hard about this question as there are MANY people that I would like to mention here. With that said I will nominate @metallicalex777. Alex and I talk on the phone with great regularity and seldom about cards. He is a dedicated husband and father and has really made a wonderful life for himself through years of hard work and dedication personally and professionally....he is a great inspriation.
    @gracecollector....thanks for the mention, and if you can strike a deal for a print run of cards I will gladly supply the artifacts.
    Last edited by George_Calfas; 09-16-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your entries! This is a multi-forum contest, so I'm going to take the next few days to see who should win. When this happens, I'll most likely post in my next article!

It has truly been fun learning the little known facts about all of you.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than start a new thread on the winners, I figured I'd just update this here and slow-roll it until each one is made. I'll update the original post as well, to show the winners.

My wife had a hand in selecting who should be selected, and why. It was VERY difficult to not pick some vs. others, because frankly, I'd like to see a custom done for almost ALL of the requests, but alas, these take a boat load of time.

Up first: The user @stone193.
    He was an easy person to select. Why? Because he was nominated over and over again on one of the forums I frequent.

I reached out to Mike first, to see if he even wanted a custom card, and he said absolutely. He shared an idea with me: A 1963 Fleer Mickey Mantle. The '63 Fleer set is iconic, and has a cult following in spite of several BIG name hall of famers not making it into the set. The 1963 Fleer set consists of 66 cards, and ... you guessed it. Mantle was not one of them!

Well, now he is.

So, Mike. Here you go! Your custom '63 Fleer Mantle. It is on its way!

The next one coming up soon.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice job and very generous!

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Rather than start a new thread on the winners, I figured I'd just update this here and slow-roll it until each one is made. I'll update the original post as well, to show the winners.

My wife had a hand in selecting who should be selected, and why. It was VERY difficult to not pick some vs. others, because frankly, I'd like to see a custom done for almost ALL of the requests, but alas, these take a boat load of time.

Up first: The user @stone193.
    He was an easy person to select. Why? Because he was nominated over and over again on one of the forums I frequent.

I reached out to Mike first, to see if he even wanted a custom card, and he said absolutely. He shared an idea with me: A 1963 Fleer Mickey Mantle. The '63 Fleer set is iconic, and has a cult following in spite of several BIG name hall of famers not making it into the set. The 1963 Fleer set consists of 66 cards, and ... you guessed it. Mantle was not one of them!

Well, now he is.

So, Mike. Here you go! Your custom '63 Fleer Mantle. It is on its way!

The next one coming up soon.
    You should make more and sell them! I'd probably pick one up for my '63 set!
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys! From a legal perspective, I feel much more comfortable with just doing one-off pieces for people. I really like how the Mick turned out though

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good looking card

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, here is the next one!

The winner: George_Calfas! He too was nominated by several members, in addition to entering. It is great to know someone who has such an amazing collection is interested in a custom piece.

And this one is cool.

What is the coolest combo for a custom card that has to do with tv? You guessed it:

1978 Topps & THE A TEAM!

Enjoy!

The next winner will be shown soon, stay tuned!

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You da MAN

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahah nice

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That card has Bad Attitude! Very nice.

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow the Mick and A Team cards are awesome! Way to go [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] and congrats stone193 and George!
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, that's awesome! Congrats fellas
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This next card is something that I was on the fence about, and my wife said it must be included. So, here it is. The Big Cat! And I'm not talking about Andres Galarraga, either! I'm talking about 15 pounds of feline fury. I introduce to you: ECHO.

Echo is Glen87's pet beloved by his entire family - especially his daughter. An interesting point on this is that both Echo and Glen's daughter were characters in a fairly well known novel "Three Can Keep a Secret".

If you follow me on Youtube, you know that I've been posting a lot of my maildays there. Receiving some cat fur and a claw left me dying laughing, because I wasn't expecting it.

So, here is the finished product! Dual Relic Famous Feline Collection with Foil!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast