Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Very Mouschi Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Rather than start a new thread on the winners, I figured I'd just update this here and slow-roll it until each one is made. I'll update the original post as well, to show the winners.

My wife had a hand in selecting who should be selected, and why. It was VERY difficult to not pick some vs. others, because frankly, I'd like to see a custom done for almost ALL of the requests, but alas, these take a boat load of time.

Up first: The user @stone193.
He was an easy person to select. Why? Because he was nominated over and over again on one of the forums I frequent.

I reached out to Mike first, to see if he even wanted a custom card, and he said absolutely. He shared an idea with me: A 1963 Fleer Mickey Mantle. The '63 Fleer set is iconic, and has a cult following in spite of several BIG name hall of famers not making it into the set. The 1963 Fleer set consists of 66 cards, and ... you guessed it. Mantle was not one of them!

Well, now he is.

So, Mike. Here you go! Your custom '63 Fleer Mantle. It is on its way!

mantle.jpg

The next one coming up soon.
You should make more and sell them! I'd probably pick one up for my '63 set!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Thank you guys! From a legal perspective, I feel much more comfortable with just doing one-off pieces for people. I really like how the Mick turned out though :)

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Alright, here is the next one!

The winner: George_Calfas! He too was nominated by several members, in addition to entering. It is great to know someone who has such an amazing collection is interested in a custom piece.

And this one is cool.

What is the coolest combo for a custom card that has to do with tv? You guessed it:

1978 Topps & THE A TEAM!

ateam.jpg

Enjoy!

The next winner will be shown soon, stay tuned!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
This next card is something that I was on the fence about, and my wife said it must be included. So, here it is. The Big Cat! And I'm not talking about Andres Galarraga, either! I'm talking about 15 pounds of feline fury. I introduce to you: ECHO.

echo.jpg

Echo is Glen87's pet beloved by his entire family - especially his daughter. An interesting point on this is that both Echo and Glen's daughter were characters in a fairly well known novel "Three Can Keep a Secret".

3CanKeepASecret_post.jpg

If you follow me on Youtube, you know that I've been posting a lot of my maildays there. Receiving some cat fur and a claw left me dying laughing, because I wasn't expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_mDCr0I9E

furclaw.jpg

So, here is the finished product! Dual Relic Famous Feline Collection with Foil!

cat.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] LOL! I have a friend who would be about the same way ... he probably would not even be able to be in the same room as the card.

---------------------

Sooo ... moving forward on this, it is a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! Not one, but TWO winners announced today. While the first was Glen, the 2nd is a Canseco collector. I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a T and ends with an anner.

You guessed it! I won (yay!) I tweeted this out to Topps a while back:

twitter.jpg

And I just heard crickets :/

Well, fast forward to today: NOTHING. It is national 40-40 day, and Topps still hasn't done anything. Urgh! I decided to do something about that, and create my own Topps NOW card.

4040.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
In this Sunday-Special edition of The Mouschi Contest: Winners, we have a digital-only exclusive. The winner: TKRAFT24.

He had initially requested an eyebrow / moustache swap of this fellow:

sammy1.jpg

This is for you, Tkraft24 - enjoy!

sammy2.jpg

Here they are side-by-side:

sammy3.jpg

It really is amazing how hard it is to tell which one should be the real version!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is a summary of the highlight of my weekend, as expressed in a Topps NOW card:

dinner.jpg

Anyhoo...RandyB is the next winner! He wanted a card done of his step-father. So, here you go Randy! It is a mini style card in a frame. I hope you and he enjoy it.

billy.jpg

--------------

Next winner coming soon ....

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I made a post about this already that goes more in depth, but for consistency's sake, here it is:

The next winner is Phillies_Joe. He was nominated by several folks, and had me do a custom of his family. In addition to that, he sent me an autographed baseball of Aaron Nola and some money to do a booklet. Here is the final result!

cheesman4.jpg

I liked it so much, I made something similar out of a game used baseball I had for my own collection:

canseco2.jpg

-----------------------
Next winner coming soon ....

mouschi

May 18, 2012
This isn't a part of the contest, but while I'm waiting for the last 2 people to send me material, I thought I'd post my latest project here:

You know you have a problem when you are chasing the entire set of 2007 Topps Barry Bonds Home Run History. 756 cards of stressful, anxious goodness. The thought of doing something like that growing up would have given me great dreams and horrible nightmares. Imagine trying to complete an entire set of 1989 Topps, but instead of 99% of the cards being commons, they are all of the best player in the world.

You know you REALLY have a problem when 756 cards simply is not enough. I was approached by someone (I forgot which forum and username, so please speak up if you want to be known!) saying it bothered them that there weren't cards to commemorate 757-762. (I agree!) This is where our adventure starts.

After my standard message of "I don't do company logos and all my work has to say custom art card on the back", I came up with this:

bonds1.jpg

Looks pretty good, eh?

He wrote and said "Tanner, I have an idea! How about having a logo? Something to commemorate it is for Bonds? Something like: BBHRK.

bondslogo.jpg

And I was like ... GREAT IDEA!

bondslogo2.jpg

He loved it and then asked for the HR total in the back to be gold for card #762 . I didn't want to just do gold though; I wanted it to POP. Here is what I came up with:

bonds762a.jpg

"Tanner, I love it so much, please do the gold for each card!"

YOU BET!

I won't bore you with EACH picture, but here are a few. This is what they all look like in general:

bonds757.jpg

With the exception of...

JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

I mean ...

THE SUPERFRACTOR!!!!

bondssuper.jpg

Here they all are together:

bondsall.jpg

And the backs ....
bondsback.jpg

It took me a while, but I figured I'd do the right thing and send them to him (though I would definitely not mind keeping these!) :)

Next winner coming soon. Stay tuned!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Congratulations to everyone who has survived this week and made it to the weekend! The next to last contest winner is now wrapped up, so we have one more to go, though I'm not sure when that will be.

Before I do the reveal, I figured I'd show off a fun project that was very challenging to get the look right ... T206 style. Dboneesq is putting together the T206 New York set. Yes, a Bronx Bombers collector before they were the Yankees. They were actually the Highlanders. The twist? He is a Mantle fan. The problem? The Mick was born about 20 years too late.

This project was challenging because I had to get Mantle's head on an existing Highlanders body ... in addition to putting a fitting hat. Here they are: The red and blue back variations!

mantle2.jpg

Now, for the next to last contest winner reveal: A_Pharis! He both entered and was nominated.

He sent me over this:
hoyt4.jpg

So I did this:
hoyt3.jpg

and made the back look like this:
hoyt2.jpg

Then the front like this: (ooooOOoooohhh purty blue foil!!!!)
hoyt1.jpg

It will be out to you soon, brother. I hope you like it!
------------
FINAL WINNER coming up ....

Members online