User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Very Mouschi Contest

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha that' awesome - even if it does make me itch to just look at it.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] LOL! I have a friend who would be about the same way ... he probably would not even be able to be in the same room as the card.

---------------------

Sooo ... moving forward on this, it is a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! Not one, but TWO winners announced today. While the first was Glen, the 2nd is a Canseco collector. I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a T and ends with an anner.

You guessed it! I won (yay!) I tweeted this out to Topps a while back:

And I just heard crickets :/

Well, fast forward to today: NOTHING. It is national 40-40 day, and Topps still hasn't done anything. Urgh! I decided to do something about that, and create my own Topps NOW card.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this Sunday-Special edition of The Mouschi Contest: Winners, we have a digital-only exclusive. The winner: TKRAFT24.

He had initially requested an eyebrow / moustache swap of this fellow:

This is for you, Tkraft24 - enjoy!

Here they are side-by-side:

It really is amazing how hard it is to tell which one should be the real version!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is a summary of the highlight of my weekend, as expressed in a Topps NOW card:

Anyhoo...RandyB is the next winner! He wanted a card done of his step-father. So, here you go Randy! It is a mini style card in a frame. I hope you and he enjoy it.

--------------

Next winner coming soon ....

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a post about this already that goes more in depth, but for consistency's sake, here it is:

The next winner is Phillies_Joe. He was nominated by several folks, and had me do a custom of his family. In addition to that, he sent me an autographed baseball of Aaron Nola and some money to do a booklet. Here is the final result!

I liked it so much, I made something similar out of a game used baseball I had for my own collection:

-----------------------
    Next winner coming soon ....

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a part of the contest, but while I'm waiting for the last 2 people to send me material, I thought I'd post my latest project here:

You know you have a problem when you are chasing the entire set of 2007 Topps Barry Bonds Home Run History. 756 cards of stressful, anxious goodness. The thought of doing something like that growing up would have given me great dreams and horrible nightmares. Imagine trying to complete an entire set of 1989 Topps, but instead of 99% of the cards being commons, they are all of the best player in the world.

You know you REALLY have a problem when 756 cards simply is not enough. I was approached by someone (I forgot which forum and username, so please speak up if you want to be known!) saying it bothered them that there weren't cards to commemorate 757-762. (I agree!) This is where our adventure starts.

After my standard message of "I don't do company logos and all my work has to say custom art card on the back", I came up with this:

Looks pretty good, eh?

He wrote and said "Tanner, I have an idea! How about having a logo? Something to commemorate it is for Bonds? Something like: BBHRK.

And I was like ... GREAT IDEA!

He loved it and then asked for the HR total in the back to be gold for card #762 . I didn't want to just do gold though; I wanted it to POP. Here is what I came up with:

"Tanner, I love it so much, please do the gold for each card!"

YOU BET!

I won't bore you with EACH picture, but here are a few. This is what they all look like in general:

With the exception of...

JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

I mean ...

THE SUPERFRACTOR!!!!

Here they all are together:

And the backs ....

It took me a while, but I figured I'd do the right thing and send them to him (though I would definitely not mind keeping these!)

Next winner coming soon. Stay tuned!

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff! I remember hitting so many of these in packs

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to everyone who has survived this week and made it to the weekend! The next to last contest winner is now wrapped up, so we have one more to go, though I'm not sure when that will be.

Before I do the reveal, I figured I'd show off a fun project that was very challenging to get the look right ... T206 style. Dboneesq is putting together the T206 New York set. Yes, a Bronx Bombers collector before they were the Yankees. They were actually the Highlanders. The twist? He is a Mantle fan. The problem? The Mick was born about 20 years too late.

This project was challenging because I had to get Mantle's head on an existing Highlanders body ... in addition to putting a fitting hat. Here they are: The red and blue back variations!

Now, for the next to last contest winner reveal: A_Pharis! He both entered and was nominated.

He sent me over this:

So I did this:

and made the back look like this:

Then the front like this: (ooooOOoooohhh purty blue foil!!!!)

It will be out to you soon, brother. I hope you like it!
    ------------
    FINAL WINNER coming up ....

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's so visually pleasing. I can't wait to get it.

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] - You have such amazing work, and quite the extreme generosity! These customs are so damn fantastic!!!
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man - I really appreciate it!

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] This card is gorgeous! Thank you for this.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    @mouschi This card is gorgeous! Thank you for this.
    My pleasure - I'm glad you like it!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been a while since the contest has wrapped up, but I didn't hear from the final winner until this past week. The final card has been made, and now we can put a cap on this.

The final winner is none other than Houdini! He did not enter himself because he is an Admin of another forum, however he was nominated by someone else.

I have laughed (a lot) with the back and forth on many of the cards in this contest, and it was truly a joy to be able to create each and every card in the contest for everyone, but this ended up being the most significant piece.

This card is of Leoneez. For those of you who aren't familiar with her, you can search her on the BO forum. I don't know if I'm allowed to post other links here, so I won't.

I've cried more than once after reading the story, as I'm sure many of you have as well.

Houdini sent a thumbdrive with some pics, and 2 of the many mis-matched socks she liked to wear. Here is what I came up with:

He wanted a some extras as well, which I was happy to do:

Thank you, Houdini for putting your trust in me to do this. For everyone else, please participate in the contests Houdini puts up - they are for a good cause. Be thankful for your loved ones, and pour yourself into those who are hurting.

Thanks again to everyone for following along - it has been fun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123