User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Wakefield Thread

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many different archives cards have you seen?
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen 21 different ones for him. 8 of those are 1/1. The highest print run I've seen is /18. Ive managed to win 13 total, including 5 1/1s. His print runs overall are much smaller than others I've seen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A HUGE, Im talking YUGE mailday. Top row is all 1/1. Love the 09 Topps showing him as an all-star. So fun story I was in a player break last week where I won the 96 Topps, which I had already bought. When I opened that mailer today there were two cards! I had missed the 97 Topps because I was trying to skip the 30 seconds or so of dead time between boxes, must have skipped a box or two, that was an amazing surprise! As a bonus I had never seen the 97 Topps pulled or up for sale.
    It's probably been 3 years since I got 6 new Wakefields in one day...what a great day!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, I went after a few and his cards are selling pretty strong. I really like his 76T card, one I remember from when I was a kid. I probably wouldn't spend more than $10-12 for a Sanguillen and you'd hardly have to spend half that on a TTM/IP of the same card, but there must be a demand.

I am a buyer on any oddball Dodger certified autos, as long as the price is reasonable, so maybe it's a Pirate fan happy for certified Sanguillen cards.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    The checklist for the set is odd, I'm not sure how much of a following Manny sanguillen has or what exec at Topps said "you know who we need..." But you're right it's nice to see checklist variety!

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you nailed it, a couple team collectors can really drive demand in a limited set like this, this set is full of guys just like that. If wakefield hadn't ever gone to the Sox and stayed on a smaller market team I'm sure his prices would be cut in half...which I wouldn't mind.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two more logs on this roaring bonfire. I keep seeing new ones pop up too! Up to 22 or 23 different ones I've seen now! These two mark the 14th and 15th I've received, still have a couple in transit as well.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job adding so many of them. Everything looks to be really low numbered so its nice to see them going to a good player collection. Good luck adding some more.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, you're right, comparatively they are pretty low numbered. Highest I've seen is /20, but more than half are /10 or less. Makes it hard to wait for the best price because who knows how many of each one I might see.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking cards. It seems so odd to see Wakefield in a Pirates uni. I know he started there but he just doesn't look right.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the early 90s half mullet though, the 94 stadium club is the best example, just top notch male grooming

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you collect memorabilia or not [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] but saw this nice looking g/u auto'd bat while looking for something else. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-93-Lou...MAAOSwridaCSjJ
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen that one, I've talked to the seller through PMs. The price he will come down to is still higher than I want to pay. Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I have seen that one, I've talked to the seller through PMs. The price he will come down to is still higher than I want to pay. Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate that.

I'm not an expert on game used bat prices but it did seem kind of high compared to everything else on ebay. Hopefully he'll come down more.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my conversation he seemed to be playing up the auto and the break in the bat as selling points, which certainly enhances it to some degree but at the end of the day he's a pitcher, a game used bat has to be at the right price, that's not his main tool. Particularly for Wakefield who was a failed minor league first baseman, swinging the lumber wasn't his thing.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a double stadium club mailday! As I was snapping the picture it occurred to me that the 96 team tsc has many ink color combos, I'll have to keep my eye out, I haven't looked to see if they appear in this release.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast