Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want to start collecting old IP autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
A general search or specific cards? Slabbed/authenticated by a 3rd party? Rough idea of what kinds of things you're looking for might help

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I wouldn't over think it, just search the set year and name and see what comes up. Unless it's a more obscure player I bet you find something.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Look online for "Leaf Cut Auto' and you might find some of the products that Brian put out where you can get old players auto's for cheap..

I know I bought some that were from obscure players..

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm in the process of organizing about 7000+ ip autograhs to eventually sell. Most are newer guys/prospects, but I also have some older guys from the 70's/80/90's. Is there anyone in particular you're looking for? I hope to have my list complete in the next month or so and will have them listed by set and by team.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Anyone got some eBay search tips? Finding them can be kinda tedious.

I've always had luck with "(player name) auto" as an alert term and watching them hit slowly over time. I suppose you could add year and manufacturer to the search alert term if you are looking for something more specific. I was just looking for local players who played before the certified auto era of the hobby and was able to get autos of them over a few years of waiting for their cards to be listed and at a reasonable price.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The majority of those cards seem to get listed as "signed" instead of "auto" or even "autographed". But really your best bet is to come up with a list of players you want. If you don't even know where to start then might I suggest searching
(Auto, autographed, sig, signed) and then filtering the results by Category (Sports Mem/Cards/MLB) and also by year (just check off a bunch of mid 80's to mid 90's years). It'll keep out all the modern stuff and give you plenty of ideas

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm planning on going after stuff like this. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322255816361
Gossage and Trammell used to be great signers TTM, at least during the '90s and 2000s.
Gossage may charge now since he was elected to the HOF, but it's worth trying.

If you're looking for Braves, I've had great luck TTM with lots of '80s Braves, like Glenn Hubbard, Gene Garber, Chris Chambliss, Ken Griffey Sr., Graig Nettles, even Dale Murphy and Phil Niekro. It's a great hobby, very cheap and there's nothing like being surprised by a TTM in your mailbox.

Members online

No members online now.