Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTMers - sportscollectors.net

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I'm just spitballing here, so if this is against the rules someone please let me know, but would anyone be interested in a joint sportscollectors.net FCB sanctioned account? Everyone can kick in a dollar or two depending on interest and we can have a shared account, so no one has to pay the full price, but everyone can use the info?

Please PM me if interested, I don't mind doing all the work

And post in the thread with any suggestions, concerns, ideas, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
just my two cents---

I'd caution against doing this. I am a member there and I appreciate the resource greatly. The info that is on that site has been obtained over immeasurable amount of time and effort. I don't know the owner or owners over there but I'm happy to have it and happy to pay the annual fee.

This hobby has dwindled and dwindled and I'd hate to see a resource like SCN go away. I think what you are offering is basically stealing, and it's stealing from the little guy. We don't have a lot of little guys left in this world and so I'm hoping you would reconsider this idea and pay the full price yourself. You won't be disappointed! It's really very helpful.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The key to being a successful TTMer is not buying a subscription anywhere, its extensively mooching off [MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] and his TTM knowledge.... remember, the best things in life are often free :grin:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The individual subscription price is not overwhelming and you can use it in many ways to organize your collection. I highly recommend it. I will continue to post addresses of my successes, but SCN is a GREAT resource and well worth it!
DANNY

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Happily just reupped for another year. It's literally the only website I pay a fee for and is overwhelmingly worth $15/year. If you put in the work you can track down of ton of free addresses on the web but like Danny said, there's more value to it than just the addresses (tracking tools, knowledgeable collectors, good discussion, nice B/S/T section, etc). I highly recommend supporting them. Not to mention that this idea is a violation or Rule #1 in their TOS (no sharing passwords). If this was some greedy enterprise I wouldn't care, but they are worth supporting in this hobby IMO. If someone is just looking for one address I don't mind sharing one but the resource is a must for ongoing collecting

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Happily just reupped for another year. It's literally the only website I pay a fee for and is overwhelmingly worth $15/year. If you put in the work you can track down of ton of free addresses on the web but like Danny said, there's more value to it than just the addresses (tracking tools, knowledgeable collectors, good discussion, nice B/S/T section, etc). I highly recommend supporting them. Not to mention that this idea is a violation or Rule #1 in their TOS (no sharing passwords). If this was some greedy enterprise I wouldn't care, but they are worth supporting in this hobby IMO. If someone is just looking for one address I don't mind sharing one but the resource is a must for ongoing collecting

Well said!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Is there a place where you can trade old TTMs of dead players to each other? If I ever go back to working on my 1990 Score set (very possible) I still need the Ken Caminiti... would need to be certified ofc. Believe it or not the very last TTM I accomplished was Hendu right before he died.. lucky. (RIP, amazing player)

Nostradano, of all your TTMs what one would you say you're most proud of?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If you need the Caminiti to be certified you should keep an eye out on eBay. Doubt you'll ever acquire such a card via trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If you need the Caminiti to be certified you should keep an eye out on eBay. Doubt you'll ever acquire such a card via trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at google images of some of his autos there seem to be a lot of variations (or fakes) :eek: I guess Id try to size up a card and maybe trade+verify myself if it looks good.... if anyone sees it, please let me know. . . it looks like this-

144-76Fr.jpg

sportscollectors

Mar 10, 2009
I created and continue to run SportsCollectors.Net. I am a collector who happened to be a programmer, so I built the things I always wanted to help my collection.

I strongly suggest folks do not violate our terms and do what the original poster here suggests. It will be pretty easy for us to tell when accounts are shared.

As others have said above, I have kept the subscription super cheap ($14.99/year since 2005) and it offers fantastic value. It has features no other site will have and the most knowledgeable/active community of sports autograph collectors.

Thanks to all the all the support and who contribute the site.

Last edited:

Members online