Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is one error that will likely live forever. Just about every media outlet that does a story on a 52 Mantle card (and doesn't know cards from crabs) calls it his rookie card. It's actually kind of irritating to hear it over and over again, when it should have easily been corrected. It tarnishes the fabulousness of the story of the card a little by not being his RC, so that is probably why it lives on.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Cool episode. I'm with you on the "Collector" sentiment and feeling not connected with the hobby as someone who only collects for PC and not profit. Though I am once in a while trying to hustle some older stuff for a little $$.... to fund more PC or soccer/baseball uniform for my little guy :)

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Good podcast, Patrick. To add to your discussion about card backs, one of the things that annoys me most about card manufacturers is when they use the same photo for the front and back of the card. For me, it seems like a lazy, half-assed effort to put the same image on the front and back. I also find it somewhat insulting as a card collector.
Who knows their reasoning behind it...perhaps it's card makers not wanting to pay for more than one picture for a particular set, or photographers charging too much for their negatives, but I doubt it's due to a lack of available images.

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Good podcast, Patrick. To add to your discussion about card backs, one of the things that annoys me most about card manufacturers is when they use the same photo for the front and back of the card. For me, it seems like a lazy, half-assed effort to put the same image on the front and back. I also find it somewhat insulting as a card collector.
Who knows their reasoning behind it...perhaps it's card makers not wanting to pay for more than one picture for a particular set, or photographers charging too much for their negatives, but I doubt it's due to a lack of available images.
There are probably a few reasons why that happens and I'm confident in assuming money is part of all of them.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Patrick, I'll be looking for you at the National later this week. Bob
Hi, Bob.

Up until about a month ago, my plans were firm on attending the National this year. However, I decided to stay put and reinvest the capital back into my business. That said, I will not be at the National this year. Have fun, however; I suspect this one will be particularly special.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Hi, Bob.

Up until about a month ago, my plans were firm on attending the National this year. However, I decided to stay put and reinvest the capital back into my business. That said, I will not be at the National this year. Have fun, however; I suspect this one will be particularly special.
Got a Frank here for you. 2020 Tier 1, silver ink auto /10

Members online

No members online now.