Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Is This The Rarest Card in the 1994 Stadium Club First Day Issue Set? https://bit.ly/2Xn32Wu

I don't know that it is any rarer. I think it is a combination of a couple factors.

1. There is still a ton of 1994 Stadium Club Series 2 unopened.
2. Ozzie had a huge collector following back in the day and I'd bet most are locked up in collections that haven't seen the light of day in a few years.

That said I'm only about 80% sure I have one. I'm going to have to check when I get home this evening. I know I have the Gold Foils of all his cards but not sure on the FDIs.

This seems to be a trend with Ozzie cards actually. I've known a few different sets where multiple guys got down to just needing one card for years and it was Ozzie.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I don't know that it is any rarer. I think it is a combination of a couple factors.

1. There is still a ton of 1994 Stadium Club Series 2 unopened.
2. Ozzie had a huge collector following back in the day and I'd bet most are locked up in collections that haven't seen the light of day in a few years.

That said I'm only about 80% sure I have one. I'm going to have to check when I get home this evening. I know I have the Gold Foils of all his cards but not sure on the FDIs.

This seems to be a trend with Ozzie cards actually. I've known a few different sets where multiple guys got down to just needing one card for years and it was Ozzie.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Those are some interesting points. Based on some recent sales, I'd imagine there are still active Smith collectors.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was checking out the Frank Thomas collection and it made me wonder if you had the Charlotte Knights card. Ever since I heard about it, I have wanted one, but they seem to be extremely scarce. Last year I stumbled upon what I am sure is the brother issue of the Thomas card, Cal Ripken Jr. I did a little research, made a thread and didn't get a single reply. Not sure if that meant anything, as this card could be a lost gem that nobody knows anything about, but I thought I would bring it up to you in case you didn't see it.

As a former dedicated Big Hurt collector, I would like to own a copy of the Thomas card. I believe many Thomas collectors feel the same way and it seems they don't come up often, but if the Ripken showed up out of the blue, so could the Thomas.

I'm also curious if Ripken collectors hold this card in the same regard as Thomas collectors do the Thomas version, or if it is just another oddball. Both players had a massive amount of cards issued, but also a massive number of collectors too. I think I scored on the card, even if it is not highly sought after, $15 was worth it to me.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I was checking out the Frank Thomas collection and it made me wonder if you had the Charlotte Knights card. Ever since I heard about it, I have wanted one, but they seem to be extremely scarce. Last year I stumbled upon what I am sure is the brother issue of the Thomas card, Cal Ripken Jr. I did a little research, made a thread and didn't get a single reply. Not sure if that meant anything, as this card could be a lost gem that nobody knows anything about, but I thought I would bring it up to you in case you didn't see it.

As a former dedicated Big Hurt collector, I would like to own a copy of the Thomas card. I believe many Thomas collectors feel the same way and it seems they don't come up often, but if the Ripken showed up out of the blue, so could the Thomas.

I'm also curious if Ripken collectors hold this card in the same regard as Thomas collectors do the Thomas version, or if it is just another oddball. Both players had a massive amount of cards issued, but also a massive number of collectors too. I think I scored on the card, even if it is not highly sought after, $15 was worth it to me.

Great add for $15 no matter the player. Other thank the content you shared, I've never seen the Thomas.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Incredible. Those are fabulous cards, but I think those sale prices are more reflective of the collective insanity that has taken hold of this hobby over the last couple years. I've got my eye on another crusade executive proof - probably from the same seller - and am hoping it doesn't start spiraling upward out of reach.

Last edited:

Members online