Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Came across an article you wrote a while ago ( Sept 16th) Patrick and wanted to send kudos ( various 1999 Team Finest Frank Thomas cards and their difficulty). Picked up his Team Finest Blue Refractor recently after reading that article so thanks for writing it ;)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I stumbled upon an old article myself yesterday while digging into the 2003 Donruss "Master" Set cards. I agree that the Team Set card you showed was faked/printed aftermarket. I have copies of the gold and silver master set and the team set and all look like the master set example you have. The thinner foil, round zeros and the angle of the slash on the team set card all screamed not original. I came across another fake recently and this, along with my scans, helped confirm the fake.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Came across an article you wrote a while ago ( Sept 16th) Patrick and wanted to send kudos ( various 1999 Team Finest Frank Thomas cards and their difficulty). Picked up his Team Finest Blue Refractor recently after reading that article so thanks for writing it ;)

Thanks! I'm glad you found my content. :)

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I stumbled upon an old article myself yesterday while digging into the 2003 Donruss "Master" Set cards. I agree that the Team Set card you showed was faked/printed aftermarket. I have copies of the gold and silver master set and the team set and all look like the master set example you have. The thinner foil, round zeros and the angle of the slash on the team set card all screamed not original. I came across another fake recently and this, along with my scans, helped confirm the fake.

That's an interesting set. I'm glad you found my content helpful. :)

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
That's insanity; glad it finally arrived! I've never had the misfortune of losing a rare item through the mail (and hope I never do). If that mailer could talk I'll bet the story would be a good one.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
patrick182;2584 576 said:
The code on this Allen and Ginter card has been deciphered and the results may surprise you. See it here. https://bit.ly/2QAOWeT

It’s possible that he created this card himself when he signed it and Topps thought it was unique enough to just let it through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
It was a great year for the hobby and my collection grew because of it. In this video, I discuss my Top 10 Baseball Card Pickups of 2019. Watch and enjoy. It's year end story time! https://bit.ly/2ZFCHQA

Members online

Latest posts