Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 new HOFers!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
12 Votes Needed for Election

John Schuerholz (16 votes, 100%); Bud Selig (15 votes, 93.8%); Lou Piniella (7 votes, 43.8%); Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Will Clark, Orel Hershiser, Davey Johnson, Mark McGwire and George Steinbrenner each received fewer than five votes.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I am still not completely sure that Bud Selig isn't some kind of android being controlled by other people, but his time as commish overall brought some pretty good things and I think it's pretty well deserved.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The wild cards have been wildly successful. The AS Game bullpens had been poorly managed for years and it was only a matter of time before that situation reared its head. Definitely took a bullet over that AS game, what real options did he have gambling with other people's money invested in million dollar arms? I agree making it "matter" may have been an overreaction but really, prior to that it just alternated years. It was worth a shot but it's all behind us now. Also hard to pin steroids on one man and not countless men who came before him or the union that would have no part in discussion about them either. Testing was finally put in place and punishments increased but if he's your scapegoat of all people thats fine. I just think he will be remembered well and did tremendous things within his office's abilities.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I too already had these guys. Seems Selig signed a bunch of his business cards, and I have a signed copy of Schuerholz/s book. Time to change the number in my sig; 250 has a nice ring to it.

Selig.jpg

schuerholz_zpso2o7njnn.jpg

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Pete Rose in the Wrestling HOF.. whats next, Bud Selig in the Baseball HOF?? .. .. . .oh :-|

bud-selig-5.jpg

selig.jpg

xlarge_63732f1a2dabd438966850610a47129f.jpg

selighearing3.jpg

Bud-Selig.jpg

Wild Card= 0.0061728% of a season..... lets just flip coins! :cool:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
IMO he turned a blind eye to steroids for too long, bungled the All-Star game (and as a result "made the game count") and I despise the 1 game Wild-card play-off.

And in my opinion he was the first person to do something about it. Hard to pinpoint a situation on just someone when no one else in the sport was saying something about it (clean players, media, owners, MLBPA, etc.).

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
Now that the guy who turned a blind eye to the entire steroid era and profited off of all the steroid users is elected to the HOF, all the steroid users should be able to be put in the HOF as well.

Members online

No members online now.