User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Roberto Alomar Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, sorry mate! Had no idea I was bidding against you. Let's keep in touch better, maybe can avoid more bidding wars.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post
    YOU!!! I was 2nd high bidder on that Skybox Autographics /50 lol. Congrats on getting it...we should really not outbid each other. Just costing us more $ haha.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I get home in 2 days, and this is one of the cards I'm most looking forward to seeing. It's a future prospects pre-pre-pre- rookie SSSP eBay 1/1 for sure.

[ QUOTE=mrmopar;2562301]This is exactly the kind of thing that I get excited about in the hobby. I want one of these now![/QUOTE]
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333183071655

Saw this and wanted to pass it along, seller has a bunch of the Pacific bankruptcy stuff, I got the set of Wakefields he had up

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks a lot Ben. I just picked up the same set of Robbies that they had for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333183071655

Saw this and wanted to pass it along, seller has a bunch of the Pacific bankruptcy stuff, I got the set of Wakefields he had up

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And...I picked up the no-serial number holo-purple from Burbank yesterday. Their photo of the card shows the one w/o the serial number, but of course a lot of sellers use beckett stock photos and not the actual card. So I wrote Burbank and asked, and sure enough one of their two copies is the no-serial version, so I snagged it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally made it home last week and found a Yuuuge bag of new cards waiting. Oh yeah! Here's a few...

1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promo. This one had been listed on ebay forever, with the seller's price jumping around by hundreds of dollars. I finally made an offer, and ended up with it. A bit more than I wanted to pay but what the hell. Might be a 1/1, which would make it my first 90's 1/1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0-bronze.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	88951

And now for the non-white whales. Left is 2005 Donruss Champions Gold Impressions /50. This is one of the least known and desirable 2000's sets, and for good reason. It's lame. Baseballcardpedia describes it as a "sticker and relic dump" issued right before DLP went belly up. I can see that. But I'm curiously attracted to these cards, especially the colored foil parallels. Alomar has 3 cards in this set but I hadn't found a gold one until I stumbled on this on Sportlots. Second one is 1999 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor. When I got it I had to study it for a few minutes until I realized what the atomic part was, aside from the numbering to 100 on the back. Finally realized it's the foil striping, which is a little more tinsel-y than the refractor. What's the point of a rare parallel if you need a deerstalker cap and an ounce of shag to deduce what the difference is? Nice to fill that hole in my 90's wantlist though.

Name:	0-db.JPG 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	88952

1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion /200. Cool. Then 2003 Patchworks double patch /100. That one completely finishes my 03 Patchworks run. Then the 2002 Fleer Platinum parallel /22. The only difference is the stars and year in the top right are in gold foil. It's nothing special, but pretty rare and I always love filling in obscure parallels like this.

Name:	0-fleer.JPG 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	88953
    Last edited by banjar; 05-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really buying new cards anymore, but happy to make exceptions for cool ones like these. Left one is 2016 Panini Pantheon Milestone Scripts 1/1. I like the Pantheon set. It's different. And if includes a gladiator-styled card called "Rudiarius" then fine, you got me. As far as the Milestone Scripts, it's just a gorgeous card. I bought the /10 version a couple years ago just to have an example, but then in quick succession the /1, /5, /15, and /20 showed up at "reasonable" prices. So I went for it and got the rainbow. Next one is 2014 Five Star auto. Love the design. I had the /149 but felt compelled to get the /25 version too. The holo foil just adds the perfect touch to an already awesome card. Last is 2018 Clearly Authentic auto. This shows what Topps can do when they put their best effort forward. It's a great concept and totally unique.

Name:	0-new.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	88955

Some smaller "hits" here. The first is a normal Chrome refractor, no big whoop. But surprisingly hard to find this card. I wonder if it was SP'ed. I eventually found it in the form of a 2-card panel from ebay seller leximo, one of those cards cut from the sheets that he somehow keeps tracking down. So I got it, and one careful razor blade cut later, here you go. Seriously, I have never seen an official pack-pulled example for sale. Next is 2001 Leaf Certified Fabric of the Game, platinum parallel /21. It's a nice design and has a great color scheme. There's one more parallel /12 out there, but who knows if or when that will pop up. Last is 1999 Pacific Invincible Platinum Blue /67. God help me I love Pacific parallels.

Name:	0-tlp.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	88962

Last but certainly not least, the 2003 St Lucie News promo issue. It seems if you renewed you subscription to the paper, you'd get a little pack of Mets cards. Damn hard to find. I had to buy the whole set to get the Robbie, so if anyone's interested I still have the rest for sale/trade, including Glavine and Piazza.

Name:	0-stlucie.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	88964
    Last edited by banjar; 05-09-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome home!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man. It is good to be home. I don't take what we have here for granted anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Welcome home!

chris19978
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your Bronze Promo pick up. I still have my Jeter Promo and not planning on letting it go do you have the Silver and Gold as well? They donít seem to sell for much but I believe if certain ones hit on auction they would. Some ways I wish I had auctioned off the Griffey I once owned just to get the true value of it but I was happy with my sale price.

My want and trade website. http://derekjetercollection.webs.com/
    1992 to 1999 Derek Jeter collector owns 1457 of the 1919 beckett listed cards 76% complete.
    1992 to 1996 haves 305 of 306 99%
    1997 haves 330 of 354 93%
    1998 haves 442 of 673 66%
    1999 haves 380 of 586 65%

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks. Yeah I have the silver and gold promos. I don't remember how long it took me to find them, so it couldn't have been that long. They make a nice set!

Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    Congrats on your Bronze Promo pick up. I still have my Jeter Promo and not planning on letting it go do you have the Silver and Gold as well? They don’t seem to sell for much but I believe if certain ones hit on auction they would. Some ways I wish I had auctioned off the Griffey I once owned just to get the true value of it but I was happy with my sale price.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789