Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If there was a Baseball card Hall of Fame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Refractors/Superfractors, Dufex, Die Cut, and other important technology.

What was the first die cut insert? I know there were other post and prewar folding die cuts, but the earliest die cut insert that I can think of was '93 SP's Platinum Power. Was there anything that preceded that? Also, the '97 UD GU Jersey inserts would have to be added into that list too.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What was the first die cut insert? I know there were other post and prewar folding die cuts, but the earliest die cut insert that I can think of was '93 SP's Platinum Power. Was there anything that preceded that? Also, the '97 UD GU Jersey inserts would have to be added into that list too.
The 97 Jerseys have been mentioned a couple times, but yes they are important. There were other die cuts even in the 60s (69 Topps Deckle Edge etc) in some form. I would say the 93 Platinum Powers are the first to really go beyond just basic border cuts though.

***a few other small mentions if they haven't been, the 1991 Stadium set was a pretty important set, and so was the 92' Brien Taylor Auto (prob would include that in the early auto mentions with the 90 Reggie etc).

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online