Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^ January 2017 Pickup Thread - all are welcome! ^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I'll kick it off for the new year. Only need 4 more to finish the Maris set.

Or2KfBTl.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Love the Maris cards!
Masahiro Tanaka 2016 Tops Transcendent 38/52.....thanks to my ebay bucks!

Also, thanks to my eBay bucks:
3 1939 Play Ball cards:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As some of you may know, one of the focuses of my collection are line-up cards signed by managers who are in the HOF. Line-up cards are generally filled out (and often signed) by managers before each game as part of the rule that line-ups must be established before a game starts. The cards are written on carbon paper so that there are 3 copies: the top handwritten copy and 2 carbon copies. They are a pretty unique item because each game only has 1 (or 3 depending on how you look at it).

Before Casey Stengel was a Yankee legend he managed in the Pacific Coast League, which was an independent league on the West Coast before the MLB moved out there.

As Wikipedia explains: "The 1948 Oaks were nicknamed the "Nine Old Men" in that many of the star players were older veterans of the major leagues, including Ernie Lombardi, Cookie Lavagetto, Nick Etten and Catfish Metkovich. There were younger players on the team as well, including rookie second baseman Alfred "Billy" Martin. Rooming with Martin and playing shortstop was Artie Wilson, the first black player on the Oaks since Jimmy Claxton was fired. Wilson won the PCL batting title with a .348 average and also led in stolen bases with 47. In 1950, he led the PCL in runs with 168 and hits with 264, helping the Oaks to the 1950 PCL championship."

Following the season Stengel was hired by the Yankees. These 2 are from the 1948 Oakland Oaks.

Stengel Lineup Cards Oakland Oaks.jpg

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice cards and lineup cards guys. Keep them coming! I have started out 2017 with these awesome loking Jim Thome cards:

1994 Finest Pre-Production [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#102 (my 5th)
2002 Fleer Box Score Amazing Greats Single Swatch [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 5[/URL]
2002 Topps 206 Relics [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=JT]#JT H1[/URL]
2002 UD Ballpark Idols Players Club Jerseys #JT
2004 Topps Heritage SP Hitting Variation #1
2007 SPx Winning Materials Gold #093 /199

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Mariano Rivera is least valuable guy on the card (not often that happens). It's a very unique addition to my Mo collection. Very happy it's all jersey pieces, I'm not into bat pieces.

2016 PANINI PANTHEON METROPOLIS MONUMENTS MATERIALS MILESTONES BRONZE RIVERA-RUTH-GEHRIG-DIMAGGI.jpg

Scott F

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I only got a bunch of sets and one auto
2012 topps mini phillies team set
2013 topps mini Phillies team set
2014 topps mini Phillies team set
2015 topps mini Phillies team set
2016 topps mini Phillies team set
HAYES, CHARLIE 1.jpg

Members online