Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Line-Up Card Collection - 12/29/2019 - Pedro 1st win

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Been able to pick up some cool rookie season lineup cards recently.

Trout only played 40 games in 2011, so finding a lineup card that he is on from 2011 is super tough. 2012 was the season he won the Rookie of the Year, and this was the first 4-hit game of his career.

For Judge, found 2 rookie lineup cards, including one which he hit a homerun.

Attachments

• Trout, MIke  9-10-2011.jpg
    Trout, MIke 9-10-2011.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Trout, Mike 6-4-2012 - 1st 4 Hit Game.jpg
    Trout, Mike 6-4-2012 - 1st 4 Hit Game.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Judge, Aaron 6-12-17 HR.jpg
    Judge, Aaron 6-12-17 HR.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Judge, Aaron 8-30-2017.jpg
    Judge, Aaron 8-30-2017.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 5

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I know it’s a sign of the times and all that, but, imho, the handwritten ones are so much cooler than the typed out ones...at least the manager still signed them for real tho

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I'm totally with you on that. Jim Leyland was maybe the last manager to write everything out. Not sure if he still does, but he was doing it long after others. Here's a Verlander playoff win.

The Twins even had a facsimile signature as far back as the mid 00's.

Attachments

• 2011 ALDS - Detroit - Verlander win.jpg
    2011 ALDS - Detroit - Verlander win.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 9

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I've been picked many cool lineup cards over the years and a few really nice ones recently that I hope to share in the next little bit. But I don't think any one I've picked up is more significant than this one.

Back in 2001, I was my classroom (before class) looking out the window when a classmate walked in and said that a small plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. It's a day that I don't think any of us will forget.

One of the things I remember from that day is that there was nothing to distract you from the news. It was on every channel. I remember listening to the radio and along with everything else, I remember it hitting me hard when the games were canceled that night.

While NY was Ground Zero that evening, Washington DC was obviously greatly impacted as well. While NY had the Mets and Yankees, Washington did not have a team at that time. The Orioles were their team.

This lineup card originated from Sam Perlozzo. He's a former player and manager, who in 2001 was a coach for the Orioles.

Because the game was canceled, it remains blank. But of all the lineup cards I own, it may tell the biggest story.

Attachments

• Orioles - 9-11-2001.jpg
    Orioles - 9-11-2001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Man, I got chills

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Thanks. I feel the same way on it.

Recently got a few lineup cards signed. Really happy with how they turned out

Curt Schilling - MLB Debut
Tom Glavine - 1st career win
Steve Garvey - the game that ended his NL record consecutive games streak

IMG_6928.JPGIMG_6926.JPGIMG_6927.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Earlier this year I picked up a huge lot of lineup cards that were from Tommy Lasorda's personal collection. I shared some scans of a few, but there were loads more interesting ones.

Here are 3 related to Pedro:

Pedro Martinez 1st career win
Martinez, Pedro 1st Career Win 5-5-1993.jpg

Pedro Martinez 3rd career win
Martinez, Pedro 6-1-1993 - 3rd career win.jpg

Pedro Martinez - pre-MLB debut. While I can't confirm definitively, there is a very good chance this is the first time Pedro ever appeared eligible on a Major League lineup card.
Martinez, Pedro 9-9-1992 - Pre-Debut on Bench.jpg

NeonStatus

Jan 1, 2013
Love the collection of line up cards that you have posted over the years. How do you store such a collection? Do you have a few favorites that you display?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Love the collection of line up cards that you have posted over the years. How do you store such a collection? Do you have a few favorites that you display?

Hey, I appreciate that!

The nice thing about lineup cards (like regular baseball cards) is that they store pretty easily.

I don't have any displayed. If I did I'd probably look to display the 9/11/2001 one, which IMO is bigger than any game.

Members online