Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Line-Up Card Collection - 12/29/2019 - Pedro 1st win

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm thinking it has to do with the 1999 AFL, but I cant find a whole lot of information regarding the league

Edit- Definitelt the 1999 Arizona Fall League. Very minimal information about the league that year, but COMC has some 1999 AFL prospect cards listed

Thanks! Great spot on this.

Was definitely interesting to pick up since Murray was not even on my list of HOF'ers who managed since he never managed in the Majors. Now up to 21 different HOF'ers. Also picked up a 2nd signed lineup card of a big HOF name, but will wait until it is in hand to share...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks! Great spot on this.

Was definitely interesting to pick up since Murray was not even on my list of HOF'ers who managed since he never managed in the Majors. Now up to 21 different HOF'ers. Also picked up a 2nd signed lineup card of a big HOF name, but will wait until it is in hand to share...
Glad I could help! Not too bad for somebody who was only 6 years old when that lineup was rolled out lol.

I like following your collection though. I only have one line up card myself, one of those that hangs in the dugout, so it isn't signed by the manager. The game wasnt important either and the Twins lost. But the date is important as I was able to snag the line up card from my wedding date

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Glad I could help! Not too bad for somebody who was only 6 years old when that lineup was rolled out lol.

I like following your collection though. I only have one line up card myself, one of those that hangs in the dugout, so it isn't signed by the manager. The game wasnt important either and the Twins lost. But the date is important as I was able to snag the line up card from my wedding date

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

That’s awesome! Your lineup card is more significant than any of mine for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That’s awesome! Your lineup card is more significant than any of mine for sure!

I was just bummed the Twins lost that day! I kept checking the score during the reception :lol: But I did get lucky on grabbing it. I emailed the Twins authentics store last year a couple of weeks after the wedding to ask about the lineup card. I was told they would get back to me since Joe Vavra (the bench coach at the time) had been keeping a lot of them and giving stacks of them to the Twins every few weeks. Well, I never heard back. I was told the price would be $75-100 depending on the outcome of the game. At the time, I was willing to overpay at $75 just to have a small piece to tie the Twins to that day in my collection. I go to TwinsFest in January this year and they have a box of line up cards from the past season sitting there. So I start digging through, and sure enough, July 29, 2017 was there. And for $25.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I was just bummed the Twins lost that day! I kept checking the score during the reception :lol: But I did get lucky on grabbing it. I emailed the Twins authentics store last year a couple of weeks after the wedding to ask about the lineup card. I was told they would get back to me since Joe Vavra (the bench coach at the time) had been keeping a lot of them and giving stacks of them to the Twins every few weeks. Well, I never heard back. I was told the price would be $75-100 depending on the outcome of the game. At the time, I was willing to overpay at $75 just to have a small piece to tie the Twins to that day in my collection. I go to TwinsFest in January this year and they have a box of line up cards from the past season sitting there. So I start digging through, and sure enough, July 29, 2017 was there. And for $25.

Awesome story!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] who saw a post on Net54 about this and let me know.

Cornelius McGillicuddy managed the Philadelphia A's for 50 years. The longest serving manager of all-time, "Connie Mack" teams won 5 World Series, and he holds the record for most managerial wins, losses and games managed in major league history. Mack was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1937.

With that many games managed, you'd think there would be a ton of lineup cards around, but they are not easy to come by. This one is from 1934, after the A's were no longer a powerhouse, but they did feature one of the great power hitters of all-time right in the middle of his prime: Jimmie Foxx.

Mack, Connie 1934 lineup card.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks to [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] who saw a post on Net54 about this and let me know.

Cornelius McGillicuddy managed the Philadelphia A's for 50 years. The longest serving manager of all-time, "Connie Mack" teams won 5 World Series, and he holds the record for most managerial wins, losses and games managed in major league history. Mack was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1937.

With that many games managed, you'd think there would be a ton of lineup cards around, but they are not easy to come by. This one is from 1934, after the A's were no longer a powerhouse, but they did feature one of the great power hitters of all-time right in the middle of his prime: Jimmie Foxx.

View attachment 82968

Great addition! Thanks for the background on it, also!!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

View attachment 82968

Dude...that’s awesome! And well done [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] also!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe

View attachment 82968

That's freaking awesome. I am so glad you were able to pick it up

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Great addition! Thanks for the background on it, also!!

Thanks! I'm always glad to share. The specificity of the lineup cards lends itself to digging into the people and specific time.

The pre-war ones are great.

I rarely come across them, but I definitely agree!

Dude...that’s awesome! And well done [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] also!

Thanks!

That's freaking awesome. I am so glad you were able to pick it up

Thanks again! I really appreciate you keeping my collection in mind!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Lineup card came in the mail today. Scans of the front and back below.

Based on the specific lineup and the fact that (ad the back indicates) it was a game in St. Louis, I was able to pin the game to May 21, 1934. The A’s beat the Browns 7-3. Jimmie Foxx his 8th home run of the season (230 of his career if my math is right). Eric McNair and Doc Cramer also had homeruns. Cramer was a light hitting CF who made 5 All-Star teams and ended up accumulating over 2700 hits. McNair may be most famous for being a member of the famed 1934 US team that toured Japan (including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and spy Moe Berg among others)

IMG_4830.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
My Line-Up Card Collection - New addition 9/6/2018 - Got a big one

Griffey first game back in Seattle. Opening Day 2009

IMG_4840.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts