User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You ever have a players family member buy from you?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ever have a players family member buy from you?

Chance siscos dad bought a lot from me a few days ago. Just found it a bit weird

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty neat. At one point, I was collecting a specific player, grabbing as many low numbered issues as I could. This was back when you could see who you were bidding against on eBay. One day I receive a message from the players Mom, asking me if I could let her win a few cards! She was an extremely nice lady and I ended up sending her everything I had won of her son.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiple people/family members... multiple times to Danny Klassens mom and Jack Wilson's dad.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had family members and players buy stuff. Also an owner of a card company.

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite a few over the years ....

locally i've dealt with relatives of tom gordon , tom henke , trevor rosenthal , and freddie solomon among others at the flea market...

online i've sold to a few of the actual players themselves including andrew fie and woods fines (both from 2007 bowman chrome prospects)...

that said , my two favorites were the aunt of andrew bailey and the mother of tony butler.....got to know both of them a bit , to the extent that i got multiple e-mails from bailey's aunt and not only e-mails but a christmas card and even a few autographs of butler from his mother.....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most probably won't remember the name, but Ryan Anderson (former Mariner's prospect pitcher). His dad was very active on ebay when he was drafted. His stuff was a very easy sell.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    Most probably won't remember the name, but Ryan Anderson (former Mariner's prospect pitcher). His dad was very active on ebay when he was drafted. His stuff was a very easy sell.
    Little Unit
    Thank you to JBel4331 for the banner!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've had this happened to me a few times. Someone in the Freeman family purchased a Freddie Freeman card from me before he ever reached the major leagues.

I know this doesn't count but Brad Zeigler bought a card of his former teammate (Goldschmidt Five Star patch auto) from me just a few weeks ago however I'm well aware he has collected cards for a long time now.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually worked with Tyler Sash (Hometown hero, 2011 Rookie with NY Giants) to buy cards for his mom, since he didn't have time to scour eBay.

When he passed away, I went to the visitation and gave his mom a 1/1 that I had purchased years ago. It definitely belonged to her more than me.
    Eddie

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsofcommons View Post
    I actually worked with Tyler Sash (Hometown hero, 2011 Rookie with NY Giants) to buy cards for his mom, since he didn't have time to scour eBay.

When he passed away, I went to the visitation and gave his mom a 1/1 that I had purchased years ago. It definitely belonged to her more than me.
    Oh man, I remember him...sad story

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Crede's mom bought a lot of heritage cards and told me she has him sign them and she gives them out on Halloween- this was 2007-8 sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Wood's mom contacted me and asked y the hell I still spent money on her son's cards...................not true
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

indymann57
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a Notre Dame FB gamer of Aaron Lynch. Had it listed on Ebay. His brother tried to buy it from me saying Aaron really wants it, but he only wanted to pay $250. I passed and eventually sold it to his uncle for $600.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long time ago I had someone who claimed to be related to Dwight Gooden. The woman was a flake and ended up not paying for the item she won!

The opposite, but I bought items from Spook Jacobs on ebay a few years before he died. He sent me some extra goodies. Seemed like a really nice man.

The last one I remember was buying something from Bump Wills, former player himself and son of Maury Wills.
    Last edited by mrmopar; 02-23-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here remember Ashur Tolliver who has an ssp auto in 2009 elite extra?

I believe his sister was buying his card and even joined FCB

DTA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast