Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Rediscover Buybacks Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Definitely looking for Canseco here! I have a few but don't have a lot!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Knocked out a bronze, silver and blue all in one day yesterday.

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
A couple more pickups.
1987 Topps All-Star Silver
2017 Topps Buyback 1987 All-Star Silver.jpg
1989 Topps All-Star Bronze
2017 Topps Buyback 1989 All-Star Bronze.jpg
1990 Topps Silver
2017 Topps Buyback 1990 Silver.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Question to all of you like-minded collectors: I purchased what was listed as a 2017 Rediscover "Red" buyback which turned out to be a "Bronze. I paid $18 to $20 more than the Puckett "bronze" versions have been selling for. I happened to have the bronze version of this card already, so this is technically a double. In comparing the two cards, the one I bought thinking it was "red" is noticeably lighter than the other one and the "Rediscover Topps" stamp is shifted to the left from where the other stamp is located. I asked the seller for a $10 partial credit which would have resulted in overpaying for the card by $10 or so. The seller doesn't want to issue a partial refund and prefers me to send the card back for a full refund. Since I consider a card with a period and one without a period different in my personal collection, should I just eat the loss and keep the card?

Supposed to be red, but is bronze:
3260a.jpg

bronze double:
3261a.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd return card. Not enough of a variation IMO to overpay for a mis listed double.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Question to all of you like-minded collectors: I purchased what was listed as a 2017 Rediscover "Red" buyback which turned out to be a "Bronze. I paid $18 to $20 more than the Puckett "bronze" versions have been selling for. I happened to have the bronze version of this card already, so this is technically a double. In comparing the two cards, the one I bought thinking it was "red" is noticeably lighter than the other one and the "Rediscover Topps" stamp is shifted to the left from where the other stamp is located. I asked the seller for a $10 partial credit which would have resulted in overpaying for the card by $10 or so. The seller doesn't want to issue a partial refund and prefers me to send the card back for a full refund. Since I consider a card with a period and one without a period different in my personal collection, should I just eat the loss and keep the card?

Supposed to be red, but is bronze:
View attachment 67817

bronze double:
View attachment 67818

I think you are correct to ask for a partial refund, you were told you were getting the rarest foil and got the most common. That's the seller's fault.
I think the seller is incorrect to not agree to the partial refund and to ask for the card back. I hate it when sellers mess up and then aren't willing to work with the buyer to make it up to them. They know you can open a claim and leave negative feedback, right?

I've seen the stamp shifted around on different versions of the same card too. I don't consider it a variation, but if you do then maybe $20 is a good deal for that variation.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Thanks guys!

I've been buying Puckett's on eBay since 1998 and can't ever remember having to return a card and have never had to ask for a partial/full refund. I didn't want the seller to think I was bs'ing him or holding his feedback hostage. So out of good faith and thinking that a $10 partial refund was more than a fair ask, I left positive feedback for him already and only dinged him on stars for accurately describing the card. At this point, he could decide to not refund me since I've already left feedback. I don't get that impression at all, but I've had some bad luck outside eBay lately. Since I was only asking for a $10 refund and was comfortable overpaying by about $10, I don't think I'll risk sending the card and not being refunded. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience and not leave feedback in a similar situation again...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Still looking for Jim Thome. I've seen 2 so far, both 1993 Silver. I bought one and the other one didn't last long on ebay (BIN). Thanks for looking!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Someone is fighting me hard for the Darryl Kile. $10 for the misspelled bronze?

The funny thing is that I had no idea that I had competition for Kile. The only other collector I know has been inactive for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Thanks guys!

I've been buying Puckett's on eBay since 1998 and can't ever remember having to return a card and have never had to ask for a partial/full refund. I didn't want the seller to think I was bs'ing him or holding his feedback hostage. So out of good faith and thinking that a $10 partial refund was more than a fair ask, I left positive feedback for him already and only dinged him on stars for accurately describing the card. At this point, he could decide to not refund me since I've already left feedback. I don't get that impression at all, but I've had some bad luck outside eBay lately. Since I was only asking for a $10 refund and was comfortable overpaying by about $10, I don't think I'll risk sending the card and not being refunded. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience and not leave feedback in a similar situation again...

To get him to refund, regardless of feedback left, open a claim on ebay and use "Item Not As Described". He'll also have to pay for the return label. Don't let him convince you to close that out unless you've already gotten your full refund and he's provided you a shipping label at his cost. Sucks he probably made an honest mistake, but that's on him and not on you.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Send it back to him and get your refund. Odds are that he'll relist it for a lower price and you can snag it back. If he's blocked you, just let us know and I'm sure someone will pick it up for. I'd be happy to help in such a case.

Also, since it's just a bronze, I'd be very surprised if another didn't show up.