Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I finally completed a run of sorts on the 1996 Topps Mystery Finest All-Stars. I've been searching for the unpeeled versions to go along with the standard peeled versions and finally found the Ripken refractor. The unpeeled versions are pretty unremarkable, but I find them very interesting. It's pretty easy to tell which player was under the black protective cover when the cards are held up to a light and moved back and forward. Has anyone else chased these black unpeeled versions?

96 Mystery Front.jpg

I also picked up a material variation from the 2019 National Treasures set. I'm a fan of these material variations and really like the way this red material pops vs. the white counterpart.

19.117a.jpg

19.118a.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I didn't chase the unpeeled ones but I do have the base Ripken and Gywnn. Need to grab the refractors still.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Anybody here grab this 1995 Score Gold Rush punched redemption last night on eBay? Looks like it was on there for less than four minutes. Seller had a long description of what it was, so it's kind of like they knew what they had, and yet they posted it as a $20 BIN...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2742406263...U6w=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

Also, if you go to COMC and search only sold out Puckett cards and sort by recently added, the most recent one is a 1996 Leaf Signature Platinum Press Proof. I don't necessarily think that is always accurate in terms of the order, but I suspect that it may actually be a recent sale, and I'd love to know what it sold for as the sales history doesn't list a price. I don't think one of those has appeared on eBay in the 4.5 years I've been back into this.
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball...latinum_Press_Proof/99/Kirby_Puckett/15323351

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I didn't get either but I feel like the sold listing's are terribly inaccurate on comc. I've looked before and seen the platinum press proof on there.

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
I picked up that 1995 Score Gold Rush Puckett along with a handful of other big names.
Missed out on the Bonds and Mattingly offered up by the same seller which I also needed.
I set out to complete the set about 7 years ago and am only 10 cards away from completing that goal. 330 Total cards which includes the Checklists.
I thought Kirby would be the last one I'd have to chase as it always eluded me when one of these punched cards surfaced.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Do you any of you guys collect uncut sheets? I am looking for an 1994 Post Cereal sheet to complete the run. Here are the ones I currently have in my collection.
1990 Post Cereal Sheet.jpg
1991 Post Cereal Sheet.jpg
1992 Post Cereal.jpg
1993 Post Cereal.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I picked up that 1995 Score Gold Rush Puckett along with a handful of other big names.
Missed out on the Bonds and Mattingly offered up by the same seller which I also needed.
I set out to complete the set about 7 years ago and am only 10 cards away from completing that goal. 330 Total cards which includes the Checklists.
I thought Kirby would be the last one I'd have to chase as it always eluded me when one of these punched cards surfaced.

That's awesome. Which ones are you still needing?

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
Let me know who the commons are. I have 20 or so random punched in a box at the house.

Cool. Appreciate you looking out
The commons I need are:
1995 Score Gold Rush #210 Todd Van Poppel
1995 Score Gold Rush #227 Robin Ventura
1995 Score Gold Rush #285 Turk Wendell
1995 Score Gold Rush #275 Graeme Lloyd

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm looking for a Frank Thomas if you happen to come across that one. Saw that the seller had one listed but I was too late.

I'll keep an eye out. I don't remember having a Thomas but I'll check. I've tried to pick them up since I came back to the hobby a couple years ago when I see them cheap/decently priced. I got my Ozzie Smith out of a $1 box at a show last fall and was stoked. Still looking for a Bagwell though.

Cool. Appreciate you looking out
The commons I need are:
1995 Score Gold Rush #210 Todd Van Poppel
1995 Score Gold Rush #227 Robin Ventura
1995 Score Gold Rush #285 Turk Wendell
1995 Score Gold Rush #275 Graeme Lloyd

I'll look tonight and see. Don't remember any of those off the top of my head though.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'm almost afraid to post this for fear that I'll jump this off page #34. I came across this piece on facebook marketplace. At the price, couldn't pass it up. It definitely wasn't auto'd as a rookie, but a a cool scorecard that I honestly haven't seen before.20200219_185856.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Also, if you go to COMC and search only sold out Puckett cards and sort by recently added, the most recent one is a 1996 Leaf Signature Platinum Press Proof. I don't necessarily think that is always accurate in terms of the order, but I suspect that it may actually be a recent sale, and I'd love to know what it sold for as the sales history doesn't list a price. I don't think one of those has appeared on eBay in the 4.5 years I've been back into this.
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball...latinum_Press_Proof/99/Kirby_Puckett/15323351

Well, it popped up on COMC for sale today at a price I was VERY happy with, so I am quite pleased to cross off another of the tougher ones to come by from his playing days (or, close to his playing days)!

1996 Leaf Signature Series - [Base] - Platinum Press Proof #99 - Kirby Puckett
Courtesy of COMC.com

Members online