User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 300

Thread: Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

  1. #256
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_peapod View Post
    Just got this, first time seeing it

    Awesome card. There was one listed not too long ago (perhaps this one). If you ever want to move it let me know.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  2. #257
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_peapod View Post
    Just got this, first time seeing it

    Awesome card. There was one listed not too long ago (perhaps this one). If you ever want to move it let me know.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  3. #258
    Junior Member youseekyoda421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    196
     youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    If anybody's looking at bidding on the Puckett Pinnacle First Pitch Preview card that was listed today by eBay seller sgtphx, the seller says they've never listed it before, but the same seller sold one on Sunday, and the photos of the card, the markings on the card, are all the same.

    I'm just going to put this out there and let you draw your own conclusions because in my mind it's pretty obvious what's happening here...
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    Update...

    "I didn't even know it was listed..."

    Attachment 88932
    I've had this experience when purchasing a "relisted" Joe Mauer card. Likely nothing nefarious, but instead an eBay glitch.

    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv.../td-p/24432452

  4. #259
    Junior Member MatthewN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last couple of years I've tried to acquire most of the Optic run of Kirby just because they're shiny, and we don't get many new cards of #34.

    For 2019, I'm thinking I'll just pick up the inexpensive Prizmss. It's pretty obvious that Panini's photo library must be very sparse, or that they just don't care.

    As a video guy by trade, I'm a pretty visual person, and the lack of variety is getting old.

    The 2019 photo selection is pretty much a hybrid of both images they used on the 2017 Diamond Kings in terms of the uniform and the swing. Pretty much every other Diamond Kings release of late has also just been generic batting photos.

    Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puckett.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	89184
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

  5. #260
    Junior Member youseekyoda421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    196
     youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?
    Definitely! One of my favorite Kirby card images (with Pedro Muņoz on the lookout).

    1993 Upper Deck - [Base] #565 - Kirby Puckett
    Courtesy of COMC.com

    There are lots of cards of Kirby batting (still cool), but action fielding shots are fantastic! Anyone else have a favorite fielding card?

  6. #261
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    The last couple of years I've tried to acquire most of the Optic run of Kirby just because they're shiny, and we don't get many new cards of #34.

    For 2019, I'm thinking I'll just pick up the inexpensive Prizmss. It's pretty obvious that Panini's photo library must be very sparse, or that they just don't care.

    As a video guy by trade, I'm a pretty visual person, and the lack of variety is getting old.

    The 2019 photo selection is pretty much a hybrid of both images they used on the 2017 Diamond Kings in terms of the uniform and the swing. Pretty much every other Diamond Kings release of late has also just been generic batting photos.

    Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puckett.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	89184
    Yeah it's getting old with the same photos. They actually used this image for the 2015 donruss image variation and one of the immaculate releases I believe.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  7. #262
    Junior Member MatthewN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    Yeah it's getting old with the same photos. They actually used this image for the 2015 donruss image variation and one of the immaculate releases I believe.
    Ahhh, yes. Here we go...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puckett.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	89224
    Collector of Kirby Puckett, Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, T206 Wash/Minn/StP, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

  8. #263
    Junior Member gofrankgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
     gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts promo of Kirby Puckett. Anyone have an extra?
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

  9. #264
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofrankgo View Post
    I am looking for a 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts promo of Kirby Puckett. Anyone have an extra?
    Not currently but if I find one I'll let you know.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  10. #265
    Junior Member Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did one of you guys grab the other Elite Executive proof that sold last week?

  11. #266
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t buy it. I was lucky enough to have found those on eBay though a few years back.

  12. #267
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions View Post
    Did one of you guys grab the other Elite Executive proof that sold last week?
    I got the one with Jones and Puckett on it. Still need the solo Puckett proof.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  13. #268
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally grabbed one of these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 Ultimate Ensemble Patches 4 - 10.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	89971
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  14. #269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that card Josh, glad you were able to land one of them.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07_UD_UEP4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	468.4 KB 
ID:	89972

    Here's the one I was lucky enough to snag. Any others care to post theirs?

    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Last edited by K34PuckettAddict; 06-15-2019 at 10:45 AM.

  15. #270
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to share some recent additions and a completed rainbow. 2019 Panini Leather & Lumber Legendary Lumber.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new doc 2019-06-20 21.59.02_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	860.6 KB 
ID:	90085
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new doc 2019-06-20 21.59.02_1.jpg  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •