Views:	127 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	76273

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    Big thanks to Josh @jszczech for selling me these tough-to-find Puckett cards of which he had extras. Very excited to add these three Kirby's!

I know there are a lot of bigger and better Puckett collections out there than what I have, and I always appreciate the opportunity to learn from, and deal with those other Kirby collectors.

That Thunder Clap Gold Medalion is awesome!

First trip back to the forums after a hiatus. First thread I searched out! You guys find some amazing stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    Here are couple phone card items that don't show up very much.
    1996 Classic/7 Eleven Promo Blank Back
    Attachment 69864

1996 Classic/7 Eleven Phonecard Printing Plate
    Attachment 69865
    These are great too! Never seen live copies of them. Very nice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing flashy, but I am very pleased to cross off some parallels that had eluded me since I got back into buying Puckett cards two and a half years ago.

1996 Circa Rave from an eBay auction.

Nice group of six thanks to @jszczech hunting them down for me.

Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (2,000+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice cards. They are all getting harder to find.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are pretty flashy to me. Very nice cards! Is that the Diamond Destiny Gold? I saw one listed on COMC a while back, but was sold before I could sign in and buy it. Great pickups for sure.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions View Post
    Those are pretty flashy to me. Very nice cards! Is that the Diamond Destiny Gold? I saw one listed on COMC a while back, but was sold before I could sign in and buy it. Great pickups for sure.
    Yes it's a gold
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions View Post
    They're pretty flashy by my standards I suppose, but they're not laundry tags or 1/1's by the flashy standards of what often appears on the FCB boards, so that's why I prefaced it like that. I'm pretty excited, and again thankful to Josh for his help!
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (2,000+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're pretty flashy by my standards I suppose, but they're not laundry tags or 1/1's by the flashy standards of what often appears on the FCB boards, so that's why I prefaced it like that. I'm pretty excited, and again thankful to Josh for his help!
    They may not be laundry tags but I can tell you for a fact I've seen way more laundry tags than Circa raves on ebay over the last 15 years.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey are any of you guys kpuckettcollector on the bay? If so please PM me, you have something listed I want...
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always love to see new cards added to this thread and am continually impressed at the rare cards y'all find! This isn't new for most of you, but I was excited to add it my collection.

I used most of my COMC credit to pick this up. I was a little concerned about authenticity given the "pre-production" status of the card and chose to have COMC submit it for grading. It'll match my BGS 9 1991 Score Sample nicely

1992 Fleer - Pre Production #123 - Kirby Puckett [BGS 9 MINT]
    Courtesy of COMC.com

1992 Fleer - Pre Production #123 - Kirby Puckett [BGS 9 MINT]
    Courtesy of COMC.com

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased to pick up Puckett cards 1,999, 2,000, and 2,001 for my collection.

1,999 - 1996 Studio Silver Press Proof - This card really doesn't excite me, except that I hesitated for 30 seconds about a year ago when I had the opportunity to buy one on COMC, and it sold in that short time frame, so for the last year it'd been driving me nuts not to have one. Glad to cross it off. Still can't figure out why Donruss decided to make the silver proof the rare one for that set, and not the gold, one of the world's great mysteries.

2,000 - 1989 Topps Heads Up! Test Issue - Used Friday's 20% off on eBay to knock this down even further to a price I was reasonably happy with, figured #2K had better be a good one.

2,001 - 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf Classic - Well, it took me 2,001 cards to end up with one with a photo of Puck golfing, but I do like the unique nature of it and his smile this photo. I'd always liked this card but just never picked one of these up. Randomly found it for a few bucks on Beckett Marketplace.

youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on passing another supercollector milestone! Nice pickups to push past 2000.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,999 - 1996 Studio Silver Press Proof - This card really doesn't excite me, except that I hesitated for 30 seconds about a year ago when I had the opportunity to buy one on COMC, and it sold in that short time frame, so for the last year it'd been driving me nuts not to have one. Glad to cross it off. Still can't figure out why Donruss decided to make the silver proof the rare one for that set, and not the gold, one of the world's great mysteries.

2,000 - 1989 Topps Heads Up! Test Issue - Used Friday's 20% off on eBay to knock this down even further to a price I was reasonably happy with, figured #2K had better be a good one.

2,001 - 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf Classic - Well, it took me 2,001 cards to end up with one with a photo of Puck golfing, but I do like the unique nature of it and his smile this photo. I'd always liked this card but just never picked one of these up. Randomly found it for a few bucks on Beckett Marketplace.
    Funny thing about the golf card is that he hated golf. Pretty sure he wrote in is book or something that he hated the game and refused to play. Thats why he started the billiards charity events rather than golf. That particular card always makes me smile.

Very nice pickups, btw. I think I was the benefactor of your hesitation on the Leaf Silver. Grabbed it on COMC about a year ago. Happy to see you were able to get another one!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast