Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The last couple of years I've tried to acquire most of the Optic run of Kirby just because they're shiny, and we don't get many new cards of #34.

For 2019, I'm thinking I'll just pick up the inexpensive Prizmss. It's pretty obvious that Panini's photo library must be very sparse, or that they just don't care.

As a video guy by trade, I'm a pretty visual person, and the lack of variety is getting old.

The 2019 photo selection is pretty much a hybrid of both images they used on the 2017 Diamond Kings in terms of the uniform and the swing. Pretty much every other Diamond Kings release of late has also just been generic batting photos.

Yaaaaawn. Anybody else wishing they would produce something with some photographic variety for our guy?

View attachment 89184

Yeah it's getting old with the same photos. They actually used this image for the 2015 donruss image variation and one of the immaculate releases I believe.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I am looking for a 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts promo of Kirby Puckett. Anyone have an extra?

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I wanted to share some recent additions and a completed rainbow. 2019 Panini Leather & Lumber Legendary Lumber.

new doc 2019-06-20 21.59.02_1.jpg

Attachments

• new doc 2019-06-20 21.59.02_1.jpg
    new doc 2019-06-20 21.59.02_1.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 16

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm a big fan of art and this is one of the reasons I still collect comic books today, among other things... My hat is off to those who are artistically gifted! I wanted to share a couple art/sketch cards that I received recently from members of this site.

Thank you [MENTION=2423]WoundedDuck[/MENTION] for this one!

19.56a.jpg

Thank you @ Naughtonart for these two!

19.64a.jpg and 19.65a.jpg

I also wanted to thank @ jbhofmann for that awesome Kirby's Adventure NES custom he made me as well. I'm still waiting to receive that one, but will include a picture of it later for anyone who didn't see it from his earlier post.

I'm grateful to add these to my ever growing Kirby collection and can't thank you enough for them!

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I'd never been to The National before, so I decided to give it a shot on Thursday. Had a fun time looking at everything.

In terms of Puckett, I didn't find a whole lot. A few early '00's certified autograph cards where sellers wanted $400+, plenty of rookie cards, plenty of 1985-1995 common Pucketts (some comically overpriced from 25 years ago).

I did pick up this 1990 Windwalker square that was cut from a production proof. Hadn't seen that before.

48438877071_90f1b848de.jpg

48438876926_5e87a75a48.jpg

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Card is listed as altered, but I think this is a flat out fake? Has the capital "K" on "Did you Know?" when it should be "Did you know?" with the lower case. There's a Roger Clemens as well.

1984 Fleer Update - [Base] #U-93 - Kirby Puckett [Altered]
Courtesy of COMC.com

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Card is listed as altered, but I think this is a flat out fake? Has the capital "K" on "Did you Know?" when it should be "Did you know?" with the lower case. There's a Roger Clemens as well.

1984 Fleer Update - [Base] #U-93 - Kirby Puckett [Altered]
Courtesy of COMC.com

Good call. I would stay far away from that one.

Side note I recently upgraded my 84 fleer from a psa 7 to a psa 9. If anyone is interested in the 7 hit me up.

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
I know one of us here was looking for a few Leaf Exhibits cards, and I had the list of needs at some point, but cannot find it in my messages. Stopped by a local shop the other day and there were a couple in a box of Pucketts he had out. I had the owner put them aside for me until I could find the list. PM me if you are still trying to run them down and I will see if either of them are needed. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts