Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question: Sending Cards Off To A Dealer To Sell For You

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie5354

Feb 9, 2017
Central Florida
Here is a concern I have about sending vintage baseball cards off to a dealer to sell for me. Maybe I'm being too suspicious, but this thought keeps nagging at me and causing me to hold onto my cards even though I'd like to sell them.

OK, so let's suppose I decide to bundle up a couple hundred old (1953 and 1954) ungraded baseball cards and send them to a dealer to sell for me. What is to stop the dealer from substituting a lesser quality (lower graded) card for my card and keeping the better quality card for himself to sell? Unless I've got good, clear, quality photos of every single card, there would be no way for me to prove that the dealer switched cards on me. After all, the cards don't have serial numbers on them and it's not a good idea for me to write my name on the card, so what's a person to do? Serious question.

Thanks,

Charlie

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Pick a good consignor. there are many...

We have a couple of really good ones here!
Who are the consignors on FCB? I've thought about what would happen to my collection if I were to die suddenly in a car crash or something. A bit morbid, but I wouldn't want my wife and kids to get hosed by a dishonest dealer as I'm sure my collection would get sold. I'd love to have someone I trust, who'd get an honest cut, sell it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Who are the consignors on FCB? I've thought about what would happen to my collection if I were to die suddenly in a car crash or something. A bit morbid, but I wouldn't want my wife and kids to get hosed by a dishonest dealer as I'm sure my collection would get sold. I'd love to have someone I trust, who'd get an honest cut, sell it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
[MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] is top notch

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.