Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An eBay complaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Original Payment:
Purchase total$9.89
Fee-negative $0.59
Total$9.30

Refund:
Refund details
Total refunded to xxxxxxxx $9.89
Fee reversal-negative $0.29
Total paid by you $9.60

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
30 cents.

So Paypal kept the original 30-cent transaction fee on each of them (not the 0.029% fee, which was refunded). Made 60 cents off me on both of those.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
There was also a time you could get a bidder's phone number or email address by entering his Ebay ID and transaction number, but that seems to have been disabled.

Unable to access contact information

Unfortunately, you are unable to access the contact information you requested. This can be due to a number of reasons:

1. To better protect the privacy of eBay users, you can only request contact information for eBay users who are involved in your recent, successful transactions. Examples are:
Sellers can request the contact information for the buyer in a successful, closed transaction.
Buyers can request the contact information for a seller in a successful, closed transaction.
2. The item number entered is not associated with the User ID that was entered. View the item you entered and make sure the item number and User ID you entered are correct.

3. The item number you entered is no longer available. Contact information is only available while the item is accessible on eBay.

4. The user you are requesting contact information for is an International user. Due to International laws, contact information for International users may be limited.

If you would like to contact this user, you can send a message via eBay's email forwarding system by clicking on their User ID.

Additional site navigation

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Am I wrong though, that if someone pays you separately with two different Paypal transactions, that you had to generate two different shipping confirmations codes (essentially pay for shipping twice)?

nope....if you notice , on the ebay page showing your sales records there is an option beneath each item to enter tracking information....you could have simply printed the first label and then manually entered the same tracking number for the additional item.....while that would save you the extra shipping charge and technically cover you with tracking info , it could also cause your buyer to be upset over paying two full shipping charges and seeing that you doubled up and pocketed the difference...personally when this has happened to me i have always made sure i contacted the buyer first to see if they were willing to accept a refund and then re-pay ...if they opt to leave things alone or if i can't contact them within 48 hours , i absorb the minor extra fee and ship multiple packages just to cover myself

fwiw - similarly , if you're shipping something that doesn't fit in a single bubble mailer or box you have the option to print multiple labels for the same order....

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Can I get in on the complaining?

Just sold two items to the same buyer. Happened to be online when the auctions ended, so I sent a combined invoice requesting he pay for them both at the same time (unsaid, but so I wouldn't be docked the extra 30 cents by Paypal and to make it easier to send them both in the same envelope).

15 minutes later I check my email...yep, two separate Paypal payments from the same guy. Got docked the 30 cents each time, and I wasn't sure if I had to then send them separately with separate tracking numbers to prove they were both sent, which of course for a lightweight item almost doubles the shipping cost because of economies of scale.

Refunded payment via Paypal. But, hey, guess what, Paypal docked me 29 cents each time for the refund transaction.

Emailed him with the Ebay email address on file, and it bounced back to me.

I sent him an updated invoice which includes the extra 58 cents I'm out now, and haven't heard back.

Way too much work ....all because someone either can't take the time time to read.
I think I can top that. I had 3 Yankee auctions listed BIN a few months back, all under the most recent sells. Buyer contacts me and and wants major discount to buy all three since they all had free shipping. I said I'd knock 3 bucks off each and ship all together. He said he thought it was too much still. This guy then buys all 3 but one at a time and not until AFTER USPS had accepted the pervious one. I guess that was his way of sticking it to me for not going cheaper, after fees and 3 different shipping labels I learned my lesson

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Here's an example
8225992ffc86e2a7a128eeffe99409b2.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts