Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hawk is flying the nest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
I like the Hawk, too bad he is hanging it up. Also, Jon Miller is probably the worst announcer in baseball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
great baseball voice. didn't get to hear him much in the Pacific northwest but always enjoyed him.

as for worst baseball announcers? Joe buck and Bob costas. seriously can't stand to listen to either of them

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm a big fan of the Hawk and will be sad to see him go. He seemed to have a soft spot for my guy Adam Dunn when he played for the ChiSox.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I'm old enough to have seen him play! And I have these two that I pulled from packs back in the day!

Hawk 2.jpg

Hawk 2 1.jpg

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
Miller the worst? I think you should be banned from the internet for the worst take n world history

He mispronounces names, speaks in run on and incomplete sentences, his jokes are not funny either. Vin Scully will always be the best, now that he has left, hard to say who is best now. I forgot about John Sterling and the woman he is with when I said Miller is the worst, Yankee ones top him.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
He mispronounces names, speaks in run on and incomplete sentences, his jokes are not funny either. Vin Scully will always be the best, now that he has left, hard to say who is best now. I forgot about John Sterling and the woman he is with when I said Miller is the worst, Yankee ones top him.

He and Flemming are great. If I'm staying up late enough to watch an entire giants game I'll put the tv on mute and listen to knbr

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Watched a Nats game a few weeks ago. FP Santangelo had probably the driest sense of humor on American television, and so it now my favorite baseball announcer now. But as far as PBP guys, Harrelson's very good. I heard him a lot watching Sox games, or at least the innings where Frank Thomas was at bat. I generally don't like homers, with the "good guys" and "bad guys" shtick, because they tend to lean on that too hard, and Hawk's expressions sometimes were too corny. But he's got a great voice, very listenable delivery, and does an excellent job highlighting the action.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Watched a Nats game a few weeks ago. FP Santangelo had probably the driest sense of humor on American television, and so it now my favorite baseball announcer now. But as far as PBP guys, Harrelson's very good. I heard him a lot watching Sox games, or at least the innings where Frank Thomas was at bat. I generally don't like homers, with the "good guys" and "bad guys" shtick, because they tend to lean on that too hard, and Hawk's expressions sometimes were too corny. But he's got a great voice, very listenable delivery, and does an excellent job highlighting the action.
FP is hilarious. I kinda like the homer aspect. It's entrainment and i think it's entertaining even when it's against my team. Ever hear Kruk and Kiep for the giants? Big time homers

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I know a lot of people hate Hawk Harrelson but outside of Jon Miller, he's my favorite. You can put it on the board is the best homerun call other than sterling's great ones
http://wgntv.com/2017/05/31/white-sox-announcer-hawk-harrelson-will-retire-after-the-2018-season/

How can you like Miller so much and how he presents games, then mention Harrelson in the same sentence? Harrelson, along with Sterling and Remy, I regard as more along the lines of a color commentator. All three of those guys are unbearable to listen to.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
How can you like Miller so much and how he presents games, then mention Harrelson in the same sentence? Harrelson, along with Sterling and Remy, I regard as more along the lines of a color commentator. All three of those guys are unbearable to listen to.
I like different how professional Miller is plus he's on different shows locally so his personality comes out. I also find Hawk entertaining with how much of a homer he is and doesnt do anything to hide. When he sounds so heart broken after a Sox loss, i just have to laugh

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
He and Flemming are great. If I'm staying up late enough to watch an entire giants game I'll put the tv on mute and listen to knbr

I like Miller, but can see how he grates on people.

I think Flemming has a chance to be a national star. He is just easy to listen to in my book. He is getting more play on National broadcasts.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I like different how professional Miller is plus he's on different shows locally so his personality comes out. I also find Hawk entertaining with how much of a homer he is and doesnt do anything to hide. When he sounds so heart broken after a Sox loss, i just have to laugh

My opinion is that Miller is the best in the game now that Scully has retired.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017

It is perfect that FP Santangelo ended up in DC with the rest of the liars and cheaters.

Members online