User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even Angels fans don't care much about Pujols' potential 600th home run.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I think if he can get in the top 5, passing 660, which he should, then people should recognize how special he was. And hate him or love him Arod screwed himself w that last suspension. The close to 700 has to be irritating.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    People should already recognize how special of a player he was and those who don't likely just started watching baseball and missed how unbelievably good he was when playing with the Cardinals. 10 straight seasons of .310+/30+/100+/.950 OPS+/5 WAR+ while never finishing lower than top 10 in MVP voting to start his career. He should already be regarded as one of the top 20 position players of all-time.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    People should already recognize how special of a player he was and those who don't likely just started watching baseball and missed how unbelievably good he was when playing with the Cardinals. 10 straight seasons of .310+/30+/100+/.950 OPS+/5 WAR+ while never finishing lower than top 10 in MVP voting to start his career. He should already be regarded as one of the top 20 position players of all-time.
    I could have reworded that and said we already should, no doubt, but those who are missing or fell out of the boat should re-recognize at that point if that makes sense. I am 100% with you it shouldn't take that.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attendance at Roger Maris's 61st homer game was 23,000, something like one-third capacity. Sure it wasn't they hype environment of today. But it was one last game in a historic season, not some random game in a career. And the Yankees won that game to give them 109 (!) for the year. Why didn't anyone show up for that game?
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It could only have been a grand slam.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome moment. I was watching.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attendance tonight was 40,236 according to MLB.com

That's still more than 5,000 short of a sellout, and on a Saturday night, so Angels fans had no excuse about work or school.

Anyway, awesome milestone and what a way to do it with a grand slam.
    I just wish LA fans had more respect for this legendary player.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Albert. Awesome accomplishment. Can't wait for him to pass Sammy, but not Jim.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish i could have stayed up last night to watch this. very happy for him. ive always been a fan. now the question is, does he have enough years left to reach 700?

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    i wish i could have stayed up last night to watch this. very happy for him. ive always been a fan. now the question is, does he have enough years left to reach 700?
    I don' think so. But I could see him finishing with 660+. Because he could and will be hurt for over the next few years.
    -Richard-

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
    I don' think so. But I could see him finishing with 660+. Because he could and will be hurt for over the next few years.

I think he could do it barring any set backs. but he would have to play at least 3 more years.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 700 is out of the question. I can't see him staying healthy enough through the final 4 years of his contract and I also expect a big regression in power soon enough.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was out and missed it but am happy for him and it's nice to have it as a GS. I see him cracking the top 5. Regardless of "watered down" talk, look at [MENTION=2726]rsmath[/MENTION] #'s. Less than 1:2000 people who have played, that's sweet.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123