Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Job Search/What do you do for a living?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Top, best of luck to you buddy. I am sure you will find something. Forcing yourself to stay somewhere that makes you miserable is not fun at all and many do it. Much respect for walking away.

Ive been an intelligence analyst in the federal government for 16 years now.
you search for intelligence -------- good luck

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Graduated with a B.A. in Criminal Justice from Rutgers and now I work in global security as an operator/analyst for a Fortune 500. I wish I got paid more, though

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
I'm a Backstreet Boy.

mr-t-lol.gif

I collect government cheese.

adam-devines-sarcastic-yeah-thats-funny-bird-flip-on-workaholics.gif

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Hey all,

So I quit my job recently without having anything else lined up (yup, it was that bad) and with jobs on the mind I started wondering what people here do for a living?

I worked for the last 3 years at a start-up molecular lab where I was (most recently) the Director of Strategy and Product Development.

What does everyone here do?

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Graduated with a B.A. in Criminal Justice from Rutgers and now I work in global security as an operator/analyst for a Fortune 500. I wish I got paid more, though

Prior to my tenure as a teacher, I was an intelligence operative and senior analyst for a private defense contractor myself.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Retired now, worked 27 years as a evening housekeeping supervisor at a VA hospital. Before that was in the bricklayers union for 16 years.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I've put in 25+ years at grocery stores (Safeway for 10 years, Kroger for 15 years) for the $5/week full coverage medical/dental/vision plan, plus a union pension. My other job for the past 15 years is as a valet at one of Denver's top Italian restaurants. I drive lots of Porsche's, BMW's, Mercedes Benz, and the occasional super premium cars like Ferrari, Aston Martin, and Bentley. Not only is it great money (and cash every night), all the running helps keeps me in shape!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
It's crazy hearing you guys talk about 20+ years at a job and retiring. Most of you I thought were younger than that (I guess I just assumed everyone was mid 30s like me, lol).

I've been employed by Musco Sports Lighting for the past 9 1/2 years. Initially as in telecommunications as I managed all the employee cell phones. I then went to the Replacement parts department for our lighting systems.

3 1/2 years ago, I came to work at Mahaska Communication Group, a subsidiary of Musco Sports Lighting. We provide businesses and residents with internet/telephone/television in Oskaloosa. (Think Comcast/Mediacom/Cox Cable, but with way better customer service). We provide our services over a fiber-optic network.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
It's crazy hearing you guys talk about 20+ years at a job and retiring. Most of you I thought were younger than that (I guess I just assumed everyone was mid 30s like me, lol).

Late 30's count Eddie??? Ha.

I own a video game/entertainment store . . . . and with 21K+ feedback on ebay, I guess I'd say ebay is my part time job

Members online

No members online now.