User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Sale-- the fastest ever in the AL to reach 200 K's (141 1/3 IP)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Sale-- the fastest ever in the AL to reach 200 K's (141 1/3 IP)

Fastest in AL history to reach 200 K's in a season-- putting him "in a class with Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, and Pedro Martinez..."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...l-pitcher-ever

He's making me feel a whole better about losing Kopech and Moncada.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sale.chr.au.10bdp.ns bgs 9.5F.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	71496
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barring any unforeseen injuries, this should be the year he reaches 300+ strikeouts. I always knew he had it in him.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been amazing to watch. The old time Red Sox fan in me cannot help but wonder if he will burn out as we watch the other half of the trade soar. Hopefully that is just an empty fear.

For now, he is must see TV.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

dj.miller
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to figure where he ranks overall. It doesn't mention any NL fastest to 200 K's in the article. With no DH, it's easier to rack up K's in the NL, so I'm sure there's a handful on the senior circuit. Anyone know?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmilhaus View Post
    Trying to figure where he ranks overall. It doesn't mention any NL fastest to 200 K's in the article. With no DH, it's easier to rack up K's in the NL, so I'm sure there's a handful on the senior circuit. Anyone know?
    Randy Johnson and Jose Fernandez are top 2 in NL with 200 K in 130 2/3 IP and 200 K in 139 2/3 IP, respectively.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/10...ever-to-200-ks

Seeing how Sale has bested Johnson when Johnson was in the AL, we might assume he'd best him if he were in the NL.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been terrific to watch, all the worries I had about him not fitting in in Boston, particularly with the media we're for not. He has handled himself great and pitched even better. Granted everything seems to come easier when the team wins consistently but I'm glad they made the trade regardless of where the prospects end up.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just waiting for him to cut up some more jerseys.
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 10/17/2019

2011 Topps Heritage Tints Red - 79/87/Blue - 68/87/Green - 81/87

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Barring any unforeseen injuries, this should be the year he reaches 300+ strikeouts. I always knew he had it in him.
    He's on pace for 331, which would break Pedro's Red Sox record of 313.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

dj.miller
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Randy Johnson and Jose Fernandez are top 2 in NL with 200 K in 130 2/3 IP and 200 K in 139 2/3 IP, respectively.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/10...ever-to-200-ks

Seeing how Sale has bested Johnson when Johnson was in the AL, we might assume he'd best him if he were in the NL.
    Great stuff, thanks for digging that up! First guess was Nolan Ryan making that list, but looked at his IP totals those early years. I forgot how much he threw.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    He has been amazing to watch. The old time Red Sox fan in me cannot help but wonder if he will burn out as we watch the other half of the trade soar. Hopefully that is just an empty fear.

For now, he is must see TV.
    Crossing fingers that happens

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Crossing fingers that happens
    40 years of having my heart torn out is a hard memory to forget.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40 years of having my heart torn out is a hard memory to forget.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=4674]bmp1971[/MENTION] Amen!

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wondered where Koufax is on the list. He actually didn't reach 200 at all until 1961 when he turned into SANDY KOUFAX, though he did have 197 in 1960. Even after that, by modern metrics like SO/9, he was, well, great but not like a Johnson or Martinez or Sale. His highest rate was actually only 10.5, good for 16th on the all-time NL list. But a quick look at 1965, his 382 year, shows he reached 204 on July 16 after 178 IP. His rate that year was 10.2, 20th NL best all-time, but he did throw 335 IP that year, obviously a total no current pitch will touch.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=4674]bmp1971[/MENTION] Amen!
    Feel better now?

Quote Originally Posted by smapdi View Post
    I wondered where Koufax is on the list. He actually didn't reach 200 at all until 1961 when he turned into SANDY KOUFAX, though he did have 197 in 1960. Even after that, by modern metrics like SO/9, he was, well, great but not like a Johnson or Martinez or Sale. His highest rate was actually only 10.5, good for 16th on the all-time NL list. But a quick look at 1965, his 382 year, shows he reached 204 on July 16 after 178 IP. His rate that year was 10.2, 20th NL best all-time, but he did throw 335 IP that year, obviously a total no current pitch will touch.
    Great info-- thanks for posting. Just further proves how dominant Sale has been!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast